Sony / Bravia LCD TV — Disposable LCD TV???

Alappuzha District, Kerala, India
 gmathew
I was a customer of SONY for the past 15+ years. In 2008 December, I bought a 32" Bravia S Series LCD TV for Rs. 36000, primarily for the use of my parents. I was more than happy till last month since it started developing problems like switching off automatically. I contacted the SONY service center and the technician came, checked and advised to replace the faulty board for Rs. 5600. After 1 week my TV started behaving weird again. I contacted the same service center and they came in, inspected and discovered that the LCD panel is gone and needs to be replaced for Rs. 16000.
Now I realize that I already spend Rs. 36000 + Rs.5600 for a disposable TV - which worked for just 17 months and again spend 16K more ??? I bought this TV just thinking that the product quality is superior to others in the market and will last for a longer period. I wonder what product quality is SONY maintaining to cope up with the Indian conditions? If the voltage fluctuation is a problem in India, why cant SONY have the intelligence built to cope up with this kind of surges?

Comments

Thank you very much for the response. Well I sent an Email to SONY's official customer care center as well and in the mean time, I got a favourable response from the Service center in Thiruvalla. They took up this matter with their higher ups and thank God and to to SONY's management, its fixed. Appreciate the help extended by the service center in fixing this at no extra cost.
BTW, I agree to the fact that this issue might have happened because of the voltage fluctuations. As a customer, this was one of the reasons why I went for SONY avoiding other competitive products in the market. Voltage fluctuations are common in India and I believe, SONY must have taken care of this aspect while designing the component for this TV. Besides, I have other electronic equipments working properly, linked to the same electricity supply. I strongly feel this issue was a problem due to faulty components from SONY and not solely electricity supply irregularities.
Anyway thanks for the support I received from SONY at this difficult situation.

No 14/43 Hameedia Centre 2nd Floor, Haddows Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India - 600034
    Sony / Bravia LCD TV - Disposable LCD TV???