[Resolved]  Sony — LCD Screen Problem

I purchased a LCD TV on 16 May 2010. After approx. 2 years and 6 months, the LCD screen is deformed. There is no physical damage to the TV nor there is any issues with the TV in handling.

Simply the TV was running and it generated so much heat in the LCD that the LCD got deformed (picture is still comming)

I called the service centre and they said I have to pay for the screen as it is out of warrenty (warrenty is for 24 months)

I don't think I should pay for the screen as it is a MANUFACTURING DEFECT and the way it was managed is not acceptable.

Kindly let me know how to take this forward. - My contact number is [protected]
Replaced the LCD and fixed the issue. Set is working fine...

Comments

I have not yet heard back from Sony on this problem. Kindly update the status.

Regret the inconvenience caused. Our team has checked on your set and shared the best possible solution as well.

Request you to follow the guidelines shared by our team, so that your concerns can be resolved at the earliest. For further communication on this concern you can reach us at our direct official toll-free no. at[protected] or write to us at sonyindia.[protected]@ap.sony.com

Sony India Team

Sony India
    Sony India Phone
    Sony India Address
    No 14/43 Hameedia Centre 2nd Floor, Haddows Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India - 600034