[Resolved]  South (Western Railways — Injustice during our journey

I was travelling from Bangalore to Harihar on 01.12.2007 with my college going children by Hubli Express Train. We had separate e- tickets with us. As per rule we were supposed to carry PAN Card of mine and my daughter's. Instead, going by practice I was carrying my PAN card in original and the photocopy of my daughter's ID proof, i.e the PAN Card along withthe voter's ID card (of course the original). The TTE insisted for the original of my daughter’s PAN Card. Though we had sufficient proof of our innocence and we had some co passengers (all male members) in our support of not carrying the original document. He prompted for “giving something” at the instance of which he would treat us innocents. When we refused to pay him (no need to mention “bribe him”) he harassed (not physically) us to penalise as if we were “Ticket-less travellers”. He complained against us in the same norms at Harihar Railway station (all those who had supported us were boarded off the train in the earlier station/s). There also, no one was ready to hear us and we were made to pay the penal charges as per their “RULES”. At Harihar Railway Station, it was already late and we were supposed to catch a bus to travel for another hour or more to reach our destination. Still we argued for our viewpoint. There was no one to hear us (None of them, other than the two constables, was wearing any uniform.).

Along with penalising, we were misguided by the Harihar Station Master troupe. They generously advised us to cancel the ticket we had with us as we were termed “ticket-less Travellers” and one of the tickets we had was not at all used. They said it was a very simple process, as that of booking it through internet.

They suggested that we may cancel and make our own arrangements for our return journey, as we had our e-tickets with the same ID proofs to carry during our return journey also.

Due to paucity of time, we could not go for cancellation and other things and we were any way assured by the staff of Harihar Railway station that there will be a time of 30 days for the cancellation of the Un-used e-ticket through internet. Instead, we booked two more tickets (waitlist) for my children (because of the ID proof problem which we had faced the previous day).

On the contrary, I wish to mention here that our return journey was a pleasant one with the same e-tickets.

Later we came to know the procedure to cancel is not a simple procedure as they told us. We did not cancel the ticket with which we had travelled, anticipating the justice from the railway department.

We wrote to several Railway departments – The Divisional Commercial Manager, Southern Railways, Mysore; The General Manager, Vigilance Branch, South Western Railways, Hubli; Vigilance Department, Southern Railways, Bangalore (This letter was returned to me twice, without any specific direction); a copy to the Station Master, Railway Station, Harihar. A copy was endorsed to our honourable railway minister also. All these letters were sent through courier services. Till now no reply is received from any of these ends.

I want justice for unnecessarily penalising us.
My question, which I had asked with the Harihar Railway Station Master also, without any response from them – Will bribing the TTE set all wrongs right.
Let the staff be aware of the fast moving technology not to harass or to misguide the users.
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

I traveled by Chalukya express on[protected] from Dadar to Davanagere through 2nd class AC .My PNR no. is[protected].
The bed spreads, pillow cover & towel supplied were not washed at all.Many of the passengers noticed the same.We were all uncomfortable with it.I enquired the person who was supplying, why not to check before supplying.He said it is not his job, as he reports to to duties just half an hour before the departure of the train & the job is being outsourced.I contacted the TC also.He too did not respond.However I got exchanged.
This is the minimum service expected for this class.
Is it the way of servicing?
An immediate reply confirming the measures taken for correcting is awaited, followed by an action.