[Resolved]  Spice C5300 - CDMA handset — Signal Radiation Damages Ear nerves & Over heating

Hello Sir,
On August 24th I went to RPG Cellucom Perambur Chennai to buy Samsung GURU MUZIK CDMA handset. They said they didn't have that model and they pitched another mobile. Here comes the headache(the great mistake I did) - the salesman showed Spice C5300 - CDMA handset. Since I
like Indian brands and I always appreciate buying Indian products I bought this Spice C5300 mobile. But today this mobile really gives me a headache. The RPG Group is the Mother company of Hotspot mobile retailer, RPG Cellucom and Spice Mobiles.

From day 1 the phone is getting over heated even on standby. The heat started improving from the 4th minute of any call I made. I took back the phone to the retail shop and they told me to charge the phone for 8 hours for 3 days. I did the same but the problem persisted. Again I took back the mobile to the retail shop and the salesman said they will send the mobile to the service center and rectify the issue.

After 2 days, on 02/09/2009 the salesman called me and asked me to collect the mobile. I went to the shop the same day and the salesman said that he checked the phone himself and he was talking for about 30 minutes and the phone didn’t heat-up. He also said that he didn’t send the mobile to service. But I couldn’t trust their words. So I sat their and called up my friend and was speaking for only 6 minutes and I couldn’t bare the mobile heat. Immediately I called the salesman and asked him to touch the phone. He touched it and told me "Sir even yesterday i spoke on this phone for more than ten minutes but nothing happened". He was trying to convince me that the mobile is good. Then finally the salesman took the phone and asked me 3 days time.

After 3 days I didn’t get any call from them. On 08/09/2009 I called the salesman and asked for the feedback. He said he didn’t get any feedback from the service center. I also asked them to give the Samsung Guru Musik handset. The salesman said once they receive the DOU certificate they will either refund or give any other handset. Few days later I went to the shop again and the salesman said that the handset over heating issue cannot be resolved and that they will give another phone as replacement. The next day they gave another handset of the same model Spice C5300. I spoke to the salesman happily and switched on the handset and called my friend and this time the overheating started after 2 minutes. I told this to the salesman and he said "Sir, this is a new phone and since u haven't yet charged the phone for 8 hours the problem has occurred. Just charge the phone for 8 hours and it wont have the issue". I did the same but again the problem persisted on this second given handset.

Then the next day sales man gave me the previous handset with charger and earphone. And It has been nearly a month I didn’t get a good handset. When I call them they say that "You are not without a phone, we have given u a spare phone to use. Kindly be patience, we are yet to receive the new handset". On 24/10/2009 I went back again to RPG Cellucom and the salesman said that the DOU certificate is done and I can collect a proper handset which has no faults on 27/10/2009.

On 25/10/09 when my mummy was speaking on this phone, suddenly something happened inside her ears. To check this I immediately made a call and I felt a vibration inside my ears till my
back of my head. This is getting dangerous day by day. For the past 2 days my mother is suffering from
ear pain due to this.

Today 27/10/2009 the salesman at the shop says that they are yet to receive the new handset.I don’t want another handset now, because anyhow even that handset is also going to be a man killer. I am not sure whether the Spice mobiles have passed the FCC certification, which says that phone's maximum SAR(Specific Absorption Rate) level must be below 1.6W/kg (watts per kilogram). A GSM handset, can have a peak power of 2 watts, whereas CDMA handset should use lower output power, typically below 1 watt.

Please help me in this issue. I am not asking for refund but I don’t want more consumers to be effected with this kind of killer.

Branch address:
Old no. 40, new no. 115, Madhavaram High Road, North Perambur,Chennai.[protected]

RPG Cellucom Contact person:
Rishi Raj Gupta
RPG Cellucom India (P) Ltd.
S-132, Sahara Mall,
M.G. Road, Gurgaon - 122001
Tel:[protected]
Fax:[protected]
Email: r.[protected]@rpgcellucom.com

Thanks.

Signal Radiation Damages Ear nerves

Comments

This is not fair... something has to be done for this complaint. Either the branch should replace the person with some other mobile phone or atleast refund the cost of the mobile! we consumers have every right to get good goods for the money we pay... we cant risk our health for such sub-standard products.
ya.. i have also m5252 mobile...bt spice has no FCC or ICNRP certification... hw i can know SAR of my cel...???/... or is it high lve of limit or nt ..???
one thing i want to say spice service center has worst services all over india so i suggest everyone not to purchase these handsets. there service center has no spare parts and they are telling lie to everyone that they can make it ok . example of spice service center is chotiwala communication in baddi (nalagarh)