[Resolved]  Stamp duty office at Thane Court Naka Branch — Non refunding of stamp duty amount from last three years

Respected Sir,

I Shivshankar Gulab Chand Vishwakarma stay at Sangram yadav Chawl, koldongari sahar road, Andheri East, Mumbai-400069, had paid stamp Duty of Rs.15200/- at time of property purchasing at Virar.I have submitted that Agreement Copy of paid amount to Collector Office at Room no.406,4rth floor,Court Naka Thane(W),on 29.10.07 my file no.is.307.Up to now i have not got my refund amount.

So ,I request to Consumer Forum to look in this matter & help me.

Thanking You,
Shivshankar G. Vishwakarma

Comments

I had cancelled an apartment purchase agreement in April/May 2010 and applied for a refund of the stamp duty. All this through an agent. However, now 9 months down the line I still havent got the refund. When I followed up directly, the officers at the collectorate say that they recieved the application only in October 2010 and now the concerned authoritiy is on leave and I have to wait one month to take things further.

Does this mean that if one officer is on leave(Mr.Bhagate) the entire government machinery stops ! This is ridiculous !

Basically they want money to release my money ! There definitely is agent - officer collusion !

I am considering filing an RTI. Is there any direct approach route to senior officers to get this sorted out ?

Anit Gopinath

Till Date I have not received my stamp duty refund amount.

I am waiting for refund amount as i am a very poor person, so i heartly request you to look in this matter and help in getting refund.

Shivshankar Vishwakarma