[Resolved] State Bank of India — Wrongly issued Debit note
The Manager 16/08/08
New Delhi – 1
Subject: Wrongly issued Debit note in my account statement dated 19/09/07 (DEBIT TRANSACTION
OF Rs. 1000, dated 17/09/07 Gangashri. (SBI card no. [protected]).
I would like to bring to your notice the following few points:
1. That, my SBI card account statement dated 19/09/07 shows amount debited in my account of Rs. 1000( Gangashri)dated 17/09/07, which was received in the month of Oct, 07 (1st week).
2. That, as per my record this transaction was wrongly mentioned in my account statement that is why immediately on 07/10/07 I wrote to your office asking to provide the details of the same, because why should I be responsible for the consequences after the wrongly mentioned transaction.
3. That, as I did not receive any reply in context of the above, which made me anxious enough to find out the truth that is why again I wrote / mailed on 18/12/07(Two letter through E-Mail).
4. That, It became very surprising for me that even after my regular correspondence, your office could not find any interest to reply my any of the letters/ mail. Therefore, again on 29/12/07 I wrote letter to your office enquiring the required details with a request to reverse the disputed amount along with the all irregular charges.
5. That, the entire episode of your serious negligence made me so disappointed & again I wrote letter to your office on 29/01/08. Here I would like to inform you furthermore that, after the wrongly mentioned transaction I stopped utilizing the said card, as the situation worsened which compelled me to take decision to discontinue my card facilities. This was also informed to your office through my letter dated 29/01/08.
6. That, after series of reminders your office sent one letter dated 08/02/2008. Surprisingly your office mentioned that, as and when any transaction through ATM are made, card & pin number is required, also refused to reverse the amount.
MY CONCERN : That, your office kept on misguiding me not replying to the appropriate point. I am confident enough that, I have not made the concern transaction. If at all transaction was made through ATM then how the name of GANGASHREE is shown in the statement?
7. That, as you informed that the said transaction was made through ATM therefore on 13/03/08 I wrote one more letter enquiring the location of the ATM along with other information which was available at your end to find out the truth.
8. That, received your mail dated 25/03/08 in which you attached a dispute form.
MY CONCERN: As I raised the issue through my first letter dated 07/10/07 followed by many other letters/Mails then why you took so much long time to send the said dispute form?
9. That, as per your advice I sent the duly filled dispute form to your Gurgaon office on 02/04/2008. Again on 03/08/08 sent the same to your office by E-Mail.
10. That, I have received one more letter from your office dated 03/04/08 (ref no. Fsvg[protected], in which you have mentioned that, the Merchant Bank has refused to process the credit for the disputed amount, “since the time frame with in which any action can be initiated on a transaction only two months”.
MY CONCERN : It is very interesting that, the you raised the wrong transaction, you raised the interest & different charges against the wrongly charged amount, You did not replied the queries to find out the truth & trying to penalize the customer .
(That, the correspondence was continuing on the irregular & unauthorized transaction. Surprisingly the matter was declared closed by “Merchant Bank” It could not be understood as to how “Merchant Bank” became the deciding factor over the required information. You might have connection with many organizations to run the system but as a customer we know only you, so such type of excuse is not at all acceptable by me & I am sure enough that, without further delay you will reverse the entire dispute amount along with the all charges.)
11. That, I received your letter dated 19/06/08 in which you informed me that you have withdrawn the card facility at your end & advise me to destroy the card at our end.
MY CONCERN: It is nothing less than a great fun that in your letter you have informed me that you have withdrawn the card facility & instructed me to destroy the card. But surprisingly on very same day (statement of June, 08) you charged Rs. 750 as annual fee. It clearly shows your callous approach to wards the customers.
12. That, your office is simply harassing the bonafide customers & tarnishing the image of the esteem organization in this manner. Your office is taking help of hired goons to recover this disputed amount illegally, which is very objectionable and unfortunate as they came to my home by the last week of July, 08 when I was out of station for a long period of time. You sent hired goons to my residence to spoil my image in the society.
UNDER THE AFORESAID BACK GROUND I AM INFORMING YOU THIS FOLLOWINGS:
1. Since the utilization of the card, all most all of the payments were on time excepting the issue of GANGASHREE (as per the statement of account dated 19/09/07).
2. As per the statement dated 19/08/07 bill amount was : Rs. 5598.31
Less, you have received payment on 11/09/07 : Rs. 5000.00
Balance Amount (wrongly charged as interest etc.) : Rs. 598.31
Less, you have received payment on 17/12/07 : Rs. 400.00
Balance Amount : Rs. 198.31
Less, you have received payment on 31/01/08 : Rs. 400.00
Excess amount paid in my account : Rs. 201.69
Here you are advised to reverse the excess payment made by me. It is mere surprising but being a good customer ignoring your wrongly charged amount prior the bill dated 19/09/07, I cleared the entire payment with excess amount of Rs. 201.69.
3. After Aug, 07 I have not done any transaction and cleared the entire amount of Aug, 07 bill as mentioned above.
Bill of July, 08 (dated 19/07/08) shows outstanding of : Rs. 5052.12
Break up of bill amount are as under
Disputed Amount (GANGASHREE) : Rs. 1000.00
Annual Fee (wrongly charged, even after withdrawn of card : Rs. 750.00
facility/ destroyed the card).
Other charges 395 % !!! against totally on disputed amount for the period : Rs. 3302.12
since Sept, 07 to June, 08, (Such as interest, late payment etc, )
4. That, needless to remind you that it is not the first time when your office wrongly raised debit amount in my account, but in past it was also done by your office, and after my objection your office rectified the same.
5. That, the entire episode clearly shows that, your activities are closely linked to illegal means & to cover up your malpractices you are taking help of outsiders & hired goons. You are also harassing customers mentally & physically.
With this above mentioned line I request you to do the needful to resolve the issue with in earliest possible time.
(SBI Card no. [protected]).
1. SBI Card, feedback.[protected]@ge.com
2. Assistant Vice President, Ajay Bharti, Customer Service, head.[protected]@ge.com
3. Chargeback Department, 11th Floor Tower-C, DLF Infinity Towers, , Block-2, Gurgaon-122002
Was this information helpful?
Aug 14, 2020Complaint marked as Resolved