State Bank of India, Teghoria Kolkata — High security internet banking

Ashutosh Chakraverty
SBI internet banking has a provision for opting high security 3rd party transaction. My wife opted for it and provided mobile no, as reqd, o[censored]s the SIM of which is in my name. It may be mentioned that we both use one mobile and being a retd person we almost move together everywhere, therefore one cellphone serves us enough. My wife received an SMS from SBI advicing her to confirm the mobile no. through the B.M where her a/c was. Accordingly she sent a letter through my hand to her br (SBI,Teghoria Kolkata) , duly signed as she did in her cheques, requesting him to cofirm the mobile no. As I was giving the letter to the Br Mngr he first refused to accept the letter mentioning it is not the branch's concern but had to when I show the SMS. This probably hurt his ego, and curtly said -" then she will have to place documentary proof that the mobile no. is in her name." When I said the moble SIM is in my name which she too uses and he can check her signature with her specimen signature regarding authenticity of the letter, the gentlemen bacame very rude to me. I mentiond further that this high security through mobile is fully optional and internet banking can be done without high security he became more discourteous and returned the letter endorsing that documentary proof of her mobile no is to be provided. To my utter surprise I have found the BM lacking adequate knowledge of internet banking.

My question:
**Whether wife can give husband's mobile no for the said OPTIONAL high security , when she has no SIM card in her name?
**It may be mentioned that for SBI internet banking transactions, the client has to go through three highly secured steps before 3rd party transactions and mobile alert option of highsecurity is ONLY OPTIONAL and not mendatory. Hence one can use a cell phone which he/she trusts and so how does documentary proof with regard to the nobile no. arise?
**While her statement in the said letter is signed shall it not suffice to check the authenticity of her
signature by comparing it with the specimen in the bank, as bank does in case of payment against cheques?
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShare0Tweet0