[Resolved]  Sterling estates & properties ltd,chennai — Delay in handing over, Poor quality work

Sterling estates and properties ltd, is a totally unreliable builder. They lack honesty and commitment. I had booked a flat in Sterling little flowers Urapakkam in 2008. As I write this on August 2010, I have still not received possession of the flat inspite of paying the entire amount long time ago. They just allow customers to speak to some representative (usually SriVidya or Kavitha). These employees don't have any idea of whats happening to your flat and just give lame excuses for delay. The MD or any other responsible person never comes into the picture at all. In fact the customer is never allowed to even speak to the MD even after repeated requests. The quality of construction is also very poor. Even during construction, water has started seeping in the flat after light rain. For the doors, bathroom fittings, kitchen top etc, they use the cheapest materials. Sterling has this habit of starting a project, finishing it half way and then going on to another project. But if we delay payment by even a short period, they call us up and threaten us like goondas. My sincere advise to everyone is never buy flats from Sterling, chennai.
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

Sterling started their project 'Sterling Bhandari' at kattupakkam (close to saibaba temple) in the and month & year July 2011. what they generally do will be giving advertisements by offering a price that is bit less compared to others. But they will collect that amount in other way in the form of Infrastructure charges. Within one year they will collect almost 90% of the cost of the house.

In my case I have already paid 90% of the project cost. They have mentioned that to complete the project within 2 years from the date of agreement. In the total of 3 blocks consisting of 20 houses, they have not even completed brick works for all the houses in the agreed period of 2 years. They have stopped construction work in the site for more than 6 months.

After that when we approached them they gave natural calamity as a reason for delay. Even after 3 years as of now they have not even completed 60% of the work. Couln't imagine when they will hand over the flat. After 3 years, there are crack appears in the outer walls. They are trying to fill with some coating to hide that.

I have no idea about the other people who has bought the house to question the builders. I have been paying EMI and rent together. When I asked for compensation from the builder they said that they have not mentioned to offer compensation in the agreement. They are least bothered about the assurance given in the agreement. They are thinking that what a common man do against them?

I read the previous complaints about sterling only after agreement was made. Otherwise I would not have been in this miserable state.

Sterling is a fraud no:1 in the property business. Don't lose your money, energy and time by investing in their projects. Please learn through the experience of others and don't try to do the same mistake and face same problems as I am.

Tamil Nadu