[Resolved]  Sukhodaya Ayurveda Hospital, Kanjirappally, Kerala — Cheating in the name of Ayurvedic treatment

I have joined ‘Pancha Gold Scheme’ (Number 14/09, Dated 8 April, 2009) of M/s Sukhodaya Ayurveda Hospital Kanjirappally, Kottayam Dist., Kerala State, India after paying INR120,000/- on April 2009 to avail Ayurvedic treatment of various ailments like headache, back pain, etc. I was attracted by their internet advertisement and website propagation which claims all sort of remedies for health issues and rejuvenation therapies.
Myself and wife availed 15 days treatment during April 2009(per ‘Pancha Gold’ scheme one member or member nominee can avail 30 days of treatment). Unfortunately their claims proved to be false after completing the treatment as we have not received any improvement in our health issues like headache, back pain, migraine, etc.

I have paid rupees 17,887/- in addition to the amount 120,000/- paid as extras on room rent, food, and OP medicine, etc.

The services they have provided was not upto the published standard, eg. they have changed massagers almost everyday and used their trainees and even fellows working at pharmaceutical factory without any experience in massaging and treatment. We had very difficulties and pain during their experiment to try many unqualified people on me and wife to compensate the staff shortage. I felt being used as a guinea pig and still bearing the negative impact of the experiment. The neatness and hygiene at the massage room and towels provided was so poor and I had no other option.

The hospital failed to provide treatments in many evenings and even mornings just because the staff shortage or the poor memory power of staff (occasionally I had to remind Doctor Rita and staff for the timely treatment as per schedule)

The food provided at hospital restaurant was of inferior quality and few times even no food was available. Even though the food was charged highest in the Kanjirappally area. We were forced to eat outside during many days and evenings.

Myself and wife used only one room for 15 days treatment thus saving the room tariff for the hospital (per Pancha Gold Scheme, we are entitled to have a non a/c room for 30 days/year)

Dr. Rita prescribed a lot of medicine for myself and wife at the end of treatment (as OP Medicine) and it was very suspicious about the intend of those medicines as she couldn't explain the real reason for its intake.

I understand that the vast majority of m/s Sukhodaya Hospitals clients are NRI’s and Foreigners attracted by their internet propagation and advertisement. Most of the people around Kanjirappally are not dare to venture an experiment at Sukhodaya Hospital as they are aware of the ineffectiveness and reputation of the hospital.

I felt cheated by m/s Sukhodaya Hospital and lost money and valuable time without any improvement to our illnesses with their treatment.

I have requested for the cancellation of my Pancha Gold Membership sighting the ineffective treatment and poor qualities and qualifications of medicine and staff. I have proposed to deduct rupees 52,887 from total amount paid INR137,887 as charges for the treatment availed by myself and wife and return rupees 85,000/-. After many reminders I have not received a positive response from M/s Sukhodaya Ayurveda Hospital.

Comments

Please file a complaint to consumer court
Sukhodaya Ayurveda hospital, Kanjirapally, Kerala - got a better experience in ayurveda treatment

Admitted on 1.6.2012 to 10.6.2012. I appreciate the service. I thank the doctor Reta and family for their service to the people. I hope this hospital will develop to serve the whole humanity and for their well being. I thank the staff who co-operate with them. I assure my prayers for all the future endeavors.

Sr. Elsy Perepadau