[Resolved]  Surya Ceramics — private banks- oneway rules

NAME : SANJAY K. MEHTA

To,
AGM,(complaint section),
RBI (India).

Sub : harrasment faced by me even after repaying the loan amount taken from STANDARD CHARTERED BANK,

I am really sorry to trouble you with regard to my problem. but since many many people in our democratic country must be facing this type of problems from private sector banks. Indian govt. have knowingly or unknowingly given permision to these pvt. banks to enjoy full freedom in looting our public. mine is very small case but it has taken hell out of me.so plesae my request should be taken seriously and appropriate action must be taken so that these people stop harrasing customers at their vims and fancies. And for this your requested to personally go through my transactions in MILEAGE ACCOUNT No. mentioned as above. Hope you will go through the detailed letter (in which i have only just highlighted few points) which will help you understand the real problem.The details are mentioned in the letter below.

please do the needful and oblige.

thaning you,

THE MANAGER
STANDARD CHARTED BANK,
KORMANGALA/M.G.ROAD,
BANGALORE.

Sub: MILEAGE ACCOUNT CLEARED BUT STILL NOT CANCELLED AND ACCOUNT STATUS INDICATES PART AMOUT WRITERN OFF.

I am extremely sorry to write to you that how much a banking institute of your stature can literally harass and upset customers like me. Even after clearing total loan amount due as on 22.11.2006 which was Rs. 44,120/-( Rupees Forty four thousand one hundred twenty only) as on that date in one shot as guided by your good bank officer, nor did they issue the NOC letter and nor did they closed my account. Instead they told me that my account annual renewal period is due only in the month of August, so the account will be closed during that period. They also told me that as the balance was totally nil, I need not worry about any bank charges like interest or penalty. Therefore trusting the words of your bank officials and as per their guidance, I was totally rest assured that I have re paid the entire loan amount and there is no due.

This being the case, instead of co-operating and helping me with regard to formalities to close and cancel my account, your people started sending renewal letters/statements indicating that my account had been renewed and that I should pay renewal charges etc., as soon as I receive the first letter, I responded over phone to your good customer care personals. And clearly told them that I was not at all interested in renewing the account again at any cost. They promised me that within four working days, your account will be closed and for that bank people will personally contact me and do the needful .

To my bad luck, they did contact me, but only to pursue me to continue with the account and promised me to forego all the renewal and the other extra charges which were mentioned in the renewal letter. Even then I told them that, I would like to thank them for having faith in me and requesting me so much. Finally, when they felt that I was rather irritated by their pursuance and repeated requests, they started to just avoid me.

Not aware of the tricks of your ways of harassing the customers and blackmailing them by stating that at the time of opening this account, the customer have blindly signed so many papers not knowing the content and the intensions of the banking institutes which in some way or other, they can with all means bind as well as take full advantage of the situation on any given time and act accordingly to maximize their benefits, profits in the way of “ILLEGAL INCOMES” [that is the word which fits very well to me], projecting as though, it is very much legal.

I would like to put my experiences to the notice of all the banking institutions including our leaders, the RBI. Because I am unable to understand that the RBI directors or law makers cannot play with innocent public/customers by giving all these so to say multi national bankers the power and legal permission to loot the public in day light in the way they want to.

I have mentioned my name and my standard chartered bank mileage account number above, in this regard I would like to put to notice to all the concerned people that they go through all the transactions from the day one to the day when I totally cleared all the loan amount. As a middle class person, which will be clearly projected like a mirror in my account, one can see that how much a person is charged in the name of late payment fees. As and when I have made my monthly minimum payment which was approximately around Rs. 2000/- (Two thousand only) per month, I have at many instances paid Rs. 600/- as late payment. it could be late or delayed by about 5 to 6 days. Now, all the respected people sitting there and working out at implementing the law have to sit back and think that there is no use of law which works only ONE WAY and that is Mr. BANK’S WAY. So what is left out for the customers like me, we are just at your mercy because for taking little bit of help in the way of money to over come our difficulties are literally being trapped by the whole multi national banking GANG.

So is there anybody who could hear my painful voice and is there any one who can go through all these RUBBISH ONEWAY banking rules and is there any one who can help people like me, by becoming victim of such a lawless banking rules and regulations.

When I have paid much-much more than any of our national bank would have charged for the amount I had borrowed, and also clearing all the dues, I have been left in my account stating amount written off as per the cibil date. I want this to be changed immediately to the status indicating that there is no due and all amount have been totally paid and that the account stands CANCELLED.

If not done immediately or if you ignore my request I will be forced to send the copies to consumer forum as well as reserve bank of India. Hoping your quick response.

Thanking you,