[Resolved]  Swift Dzire Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. — Unfair Trade Practice

I had booked a Swift Dzire VXI having an ex-showroom price of Rs. 498, 957 on 28th of March '08 (a couple of days after its launch) with Rohan Motors Ltd. Noida paying Rs. 15, 000 vide cheque ( receipt ref. no. 15268). I was told that the vehicle would be delivered within 30-35 days but the dealer kept delaying the delivery citing low production of the car. On 17th May morning I got a call from the dealer and was told that the vehicle is likely to be delivered within 2 days and the same evening Maruti Suzuki announced a price hike. I subsequently got a call from the dealer saying that the price of the car booked by me has been increased by a hefty Rs. 19, 000 plus which has taken me aback. This is a clear case o[censored]nfair Trade Practice adopted by MSIL and cheating customers by deliberately holding back deliveries for unusually long by not giving a clear picture of delivery schedules. The fact that for 50 days since booking I am told that the vehicle has not arrived and the day I am told that the car will be delivered within two days, the price is hiked substantially. I hereby urge all such people in similar circumstances to file cases in consumer courts against Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. for deliberately cheating customers. It is shocking to find a company like Maruti which has enjoyed a good reputation as one of the companies adopting fair trade practices. After this incident I will ensure that never ever in my life would I buy a MSIL vehicle and would suggest all my relatives and acquaintances to opt for others like Hyundai, GM or even Fiat (the last two slowly gaining customer confidence after the false starts).
Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-14 00:09:50
Complaint comments  1 CommentShare0Tweet0

Comments

MARUTI SUZUKI INDIA LIMITED — Delay in delivery of Swift Dzire

I am Abhishek Bansal.

It is with great reluctance that I am taking the "seemingly drastic" step of writing an official complaint due to various problems I have faced in dealing with one of Maruti Suzuki's leading dealerships, Hisar Automobiles, Hisar. I am requesting you to please take a few minutes to consider my issues.

I booked Swift Dzire VDi (white color) on 08/07/2009 at Hisar with Hisar Automobiles. Maruti Dealer committed me that as soon as he get the first vehicle from the Maruti company he will deliver to me immediately. On behalf of their promise, I deposited the full money (6, 12,850).

I am sorry to say that dealer is using every possible delay tactics in denying me delivery of my car. He always promises me delivery in few days time. It seems that this is the way your dealer funds his operation, use the customer money as long as possible for their own purpose.

I launched a complaint on your customer care number also (Complaint number –[protected] on dated 28-Sep-09)

1. On which date shall I get the car I booked?
2. How I will be compensated for the interest on the 100% booking amount paid by me?

I hope you understand the problem.

Thanks for early response.

Company:Swift Dzire Maruti Suzuki India Ltd.