[Resolved] Tata Aig — Issue on Policy # U[protected] Forged Signature by Tata Employee
The Complaints Department,
Sub: Issue on Policy # U[protected] Forged Signature by Tata Employee
This is to inform you that I had applied for a policy with TATA AIG exactly a month back on the 22nd July 08 through a sales call which I got on my mobile phone. I invited a person named Santosh to my office wherein he explained the policy features & we agreed to do a policy on the following conditions:
1. Term -20 years
2. Amount of Insurance – Rs 12, 00, 000/
3. Premium – Rs 10, 000/ P.M paid on a quarterly basis as he told me that monthly would not be possible.
4. Mode – Quarterly
5. Paid – Through ECS on a quarterly basis
I have been following up with him for the policy document for over 2 weeks as the check cleared my bank on the 30th July. However, he was unable to assist me on the same. Any ways, I got the policy today via courier with the envelope absolutely open & half torn. When I opened the envelope & looked at the documents I was shocked to see that the form which was filled in front of me had some key features been changed:
1. A lot of papers have my signatures which I never even signed at all… someone has forged my signatures.
2. Amount of Insurance changed to – Rs 6, 00, 000/
3. Premium changed to – Rs 5, 000/ P.M
4. Mode – Semi-annual
5. General Amendment form had stuff written which I have not written & signed for at all
6. Application date on the form is 31st July 08
i. Please look at step 6 in the form – it is clearly mentioned that I signed the form on the 22nd July 08 & if you follow up on my check of Rs 30, 000/ it cleared my account on the 30th July 08 so why would the application form be signed on the 31st July 08.
ii. Please check Step 4 & Step 5 of my application wherein you would notice that it has cutting at critical places which the agent has done it post my filling up the form or else I would have signed against them.
7. Why is the policy active as on 13th Aug & not active from the date the check of Rs 30, 000/ cleared my HDFC bank account.
8. My application form is dated the 31st July so how can the check which I submitted clear my account on the 30th July Check # 294480 dated the 22nd July 08 & cleared my HDFC account on the 30th July 08
I want to understand what is going on & why has the policy changed. Why does someone at TATA AIG have to forge customer’s signatures to get a wrong policy issued? When I received the policy via courier today afternoon I immediately escalated this issue at the customer care & spoke with an executive named Ms Neeru & supervisor named Ms Reshma who have assured me that this issue would be addressed on high priority & action taken against the culprits.
I would expect an immediate escalation of my issue & need immediate resolution of the following issues:
1. The policy needs to be changed & a new policy be issued with correct details on high priority with the following things which I had requested at the beginning:
• Policy should be active from the date the money has cleared the bank account i.e. 30th July 08 & not 13th Aug 08
• Term -20 years
• Amount of Insurance – Rs 12, 00, 000/
• Premium – Rs 10, 000/ P.M paid on a quarterly basis as he told me that monthly would not be possible.
• Mode – Quarterly
• Paid – Through ECS on a quarterly basis
• General Amendment form has stuff which I never signed for hence it should be changed
At this point in time I am not thinking of approaching to other means of resolving this issue like consumer court or the press but get the issue resolved with dialogue/communication.
I urge the management to take this very seriously & I need a reply/resolution to this within the next 24 hours.
Thanks and Regards,
Mobile # --[protected]
House # 703, Tower# 8,
Uniwrorld Garden, Sec 47,
Sohna Road, Gurgaon
Was this information helpful?
Aug 14, 2020Complaint marked as Resolved