[Resolved]  TATA-AIG General Insurance Company, Health Care Plus Policy — Regarding Cancellation of policies during free look period

I received four the TATA-AIG General Insurance 'Health Care Plus' Policies in 3rd week of November. I purchased it on telephone. The issue date was[protected].

I gone through the brousher of 'Health Care Plus' in detail and found that it was not suitable to my requirements. Hence I requested the TATA-AIG General Insurance Company to kindly cancel the all policies.

At that time of puchase company representative told me that I can refuse the policy within 15 days from date of issue (according to IRDA), if I don't like it. And the charges of Rs. 99/- (Rupees ninety nine only) will be deducted as the administration charges for canceling this policy.

Where as I made a request to TATA-AIG General Insurance Company to cancell the puchased policyies on[protected] which is the 14th day from the day of purchase of policy.

On the same day I made same request on telephone to company's 24 hour help line. I got reply, for both complaints, that "company will contact you within 48 hours".

After that I made same complaints 4-5 times, regarding the same, but till date I haven't received any call from the company.

I puchassed this policy on credit card. Now company has debited the premium amount from my credit card, without informing me.

I have the mailing conversation with me.

Can you please tell me how should I proceed further in this case???

Comments

tata aig palys fumn same way with many
it is a udupi hortel .
pl complian to tata borad after going thru their web site
atj
firstly, I think the person should be accountable enough while purchasing the policy. please don't misconceive as the fault might have occurred from the employer for his negligence.and not from the company i personally do have a great regard for the organization.

Exactly the same thing was happened with me and the HSBC Bank was automatically debited the premium per month and sending me bill every month. Last of all I have cancelled the Tata AIG policy (piece to piece) alongwith HSBC card and sent them (HSBC office at Chennai).

Now I have enough prove to produce in the court, if HSBC & Tata will claim the amount to be debited.

My opinion is, the concerned agencies should appoint only qualified person with good salary, otherwise within a minimum salary, the customer service person will loose day by day so many valuable customer.

Complaint categoryCategory: Other