[Resolved] Tata AIG General Insurance Company Ltd — Improper settlement of motor insurance claim
I had purchased a Swift ZXi car and taken delivery on 2007 jan 4th from RNS Motors Bangalore using loan from HDFC Bangalore.
After a severe accident happened on[protected] in vellore, on the way to Chennai, i had given my car in maruti service center vellore
operated by GANESH CARS. My RC Book and driving license of driver was burned partially in the accident.
Communication problems between Ganesh Cars and TATA AIG Insurance surveyor forced us to get the car repaired. Even though the loss was major, tata-aig denied our request for total loss stating that total repair liability does not exceed 75% of the IDV value.
- IDV value of the car was Rs - 4, 79, 000
- Total repair cost is Rs 4, 47, 326.00
- Resale value of our car after repairing is Rs- 2.6 lakhs ( according to maruti pre owned cars - Mandovi Motors Bangalore)
Car was delivered on[protected] after SEVEN MONTHS and 11 DAYS by GANESH CARS which made a GREAT LOSS to us. Initially we were told that car can be repaired within 2 months time. I had called GANESH CARS very frequently and they were giving false
updates about the car. According to TATA AIG surveyor work started in swing only november last week. Finally I needed my car for my marriage preparations. So I strictly warned them that I will take my vehicle and repair in bangalore, If they do not deliver the vehicle on 31st Jan. They agreed to deliver on[protected] and they faxed me a letter stating the same after my continuous request. But they failed to deliver on[protected] also.
After the delivery, we did a checkup for the quality of repair in RNS motors Bangalore. That revealed that there are some rusted components in the car. Chassis has started rusting already because car was kept outside the showroom in extreme weather conditions for long period.
There is another part to our sad story. Because of communication problems, Tata AIG was not ready to pay for certain parts which were replaced by GANESH CARS. They did not bear the cost of 1 door, 2 wheel rims, and dash board
panel as they blame Ganesh cars responsible for that. Initially total loss estimate was given by GANESH CARS, but it was not accepted
by TATA AIG insurance.
- Tata-aig rejected total damage proposal by Ganesh Cars.
- Tata-AIG gave me false statement which states that repair liability does not exceed 75% of IDV(Insured Declared Value)
- Refused to bear the cost of 1 door, 2 wheel rims, and dash board panel as they blame Ganesh cars responsible for that.
- Above issue costed us paying entire amount from our pocket as insurance refused to pay.
- Since it is an accident repaired vehicle, resale value of just 1.2 year old car is very less compared to the amount spent for repairing it.
AGAINST GANESH CARS, VELLORE
- Car was in maruti service center "GANESH CARS, VELLORE" from[protected] till[protected]
- Full tank petrol filled by us before accedent was lost. They gave a silly reason saying that petrol got evaporated
- Given false promises every time I approached ganesh cars for delivery date.
- Finally GANESH CARS promised me to delever the car on JANUARY 31ST 2008 which did not happen.
- Post repair check reveals that chassis started rusting and there are other components in the car which are rusted.
- The trust with the car performance is low because of the quality of repair is low
Now we have suffered heavy losses because of Ganesh Cars and Tata-AIG insurance. For 7.5 months, we had to simply pay the car loan EMI without enjoying the comfortableness of having car. Now resale value of the car is less than total repair cost. We are seeking justice for our great loss of money and time period and tension and mental torture faced to retrieve our car back.
Was this information helpful?
Aug 14, 2020Complaint marked as Resolved