[Resolved]  TATA Indicom Broad Band — Shutting Down Of Broad Band Service

Ref : Complaint No.11615120 dated 22/01/2010

I was enjoying your broad band sevices since last 4 years. I was very happy using it and I had recommended the same to many other peoples also. until recently everything was working smoothly. I had no complaint about the services until 22/11/09. On 22/11/09 the connectivity was suddenly broken. This used to happen previously and used to get automatically rectified without registering any complaint. therefore I choose to wait. But this time it took too long even on 28/11/09 the connectivity was not restored so I registered complaint in your customer service call centre complaint no. 11291152. The next day I received call that the complaint is attended and the connectivity is restored. But when I checked there was no connectivity, so I registered the complaint again complaint No. 11294132.

On 14/12/09 I received renewal alert. On reply to which I demanded immediate restoration of connectivity.

On 23/12/09 received SMS that my account is activated. On reply to which I talked to the Customer Care Call Centre where Tata representetive informed me to use dialup service and after the expiry of the account after 1 month the refnd will be given. I explained him that for dialup service you require telephone line and dialup modem and I had MTNL telephone line but dont have the dialup modem. an email was sent on 26/12/09 for the same and following reply was received :-
"With reference to your mail, as per the resolution for the complaint number 11294132 regarding
connectivity we would like to inform you that Broadband has shutdown the network due to commercial dispute, WIMAX migration is also infeasible, hence has to process for refund."

On 06/01/2010 I demanded the time frame as I was informed on 23/12/09 that after deactivation of the account the refund would be given. to this email received following standard reply.
"We have registered your concern on your behalf regarding the refund concern and the same has been forwarded to our team on high priority basis. Our team will contact you and do the needful at the earliest."

Sent email on 08/01/2010 saying that when I had applied for 256kbps broadband service you are providing me dialup service even without any supporting equipments (like dialup modem). this is injustice to me. There was no reply to this email.

On 22/01/2010 requested again to close the account and send the refund also declared that there is no equipment belonging to Tata Communications with me. The reply to this email was asked me to use up all the balance and no refund would be given. I asked for the means to consume the balance. On reply to this I had been given Complaint No. 11615120.

Till 07/02/2010 there was no communication so sent an email asking the status, there was no reply to the email.

Sent an email again on 11/02/2010 asking for refund. Got the same above standard reply.

Reminder email was sent again on 24/02/2010 to which got the same above standard reply. I had sent an email asking for the time frame to which also got the same kind of standard reply.

I had sent an email regarding this to the Nodal Officer on 28/02/2010 and there is no reply so far. But I had received an email saying that I should recharge before 22/03/2010 to get uninterrupted service. I had talked to the Customer Care Call Centre. The representative says that refund will not be given and the complaint will not be registered till the account is refilled. I asked what happened to my previous balance which I had refilled on 08/11/2009 before the expiry on 22/11/2009. So she was ready to register my concern that field staff would arrange equipments at my place for establishing the connectivity and there after the validity will be extended.

This kind of step should have been taken earlier when it was discovered that connectivity is not feasible. Now I am having a feeling that this is everything is just for killing time and delaying the refund as far as possible.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Shireesh Javkhedkar