[Resolved]  TATA Indicom, Plug-to-surf — Services barred despite of bill payment, wrong billing

I am Mrs. Preeti Prasad. I took a TATA plug-to-surf ( USB MODEM ) connection on 3rd September 2009. It was a post paid connection, Since I have my business of selling goods online, I need to travel, I thought this will be helpful. I came down to Mumbai on 7th Sept 2009, and had no problems with the connection. But on 12th Sept 009, I could not browse or open a single web page even after trying for several times, I unplugged and plugged the USB modem again and again, restarted my laptop several times, but it did not allow me to browse..I made several calls to Tata customer service on [protected], and every time before my problem was addressed to, the call was dropped. However, I managed to tell them that, I needed someone who can come and check if there is some network/ instrument issue. I must have made at least 7/8 calls to Bangalore, and gave them the present contact details.
I was assured that their executive will get in touch with me within 3 days, and my problem will be sorted out. I waited for 4 days, and nothing came up. So when I finally called again on 18th Sept 2009, I was shocked and frustrated to hear that despite of me updating my current contact number several times, they have not bothered to note it down, hence they had ready excuse that we could not get in touch with you.
on 19th their service executive Mr. Kiran came visited my place and after checking the modem on his laptop, said that there was a problem with my laptop, I need to re-install my hardware.
We formatted the laptop and reinstalled everything. And even then after several attempts, I could not browse. on 21st again I called TATA customer service and they sent another executive Mr. Khan who did not carry any laptop, just checked it on the our PC and said they are facing a network issue in our area, and it will be sorted out within 2 days.
on the same day I got service error - 721when I tried to connect, I was told it was due to non payment of the bill,which I paid immediately on 22nd-Axis bank cheque, Amt -1100/- check no - 239311
and informed the customer service.
We patiently waited for two days and when there was no difference in the connection status, we contacted them again. This time they said they will be sending their service person again with his laptop, so that they can show us that there is no issue with their network.
On 23rd Mr. Kiran visited us again with the laptop and when I showed that I can not login any of my email accounts on his laptop, he finally said it must be network issue.
No body bothered to get in touch with us and resolve the issue despite of several calls. on 26th when again I tried to connect and got error no. 721, I called Tata customer care again, and I was told it was due to non-payment of the bill. When I pointed out that I had dropped the check on 22nd sept 009, and how can they still say that the payment is due. The executive said they have received the check on 23rd sept 009, but since it wasnt updated, the services were barred, and he will be restoring the connection within 6 hours.
Next day, that is after 12 hours when I tried to connect, I got the same error, and when I called up Tata Customer service( YET AGAIN!!!) I was told that was becoz non payment. When I lost my cool and said that your executive had confirmed that they have received the check on 23rd, and put me to the same person, the executive Nilesh said that he might have read wrong information and the check has not been received by them. He also tried to tell me that since its a Bangalore connection, I should contact them, But when I pointed out that its a roaming, meant to be used all over India, he found another excuse. He said maybe because its an outstation check, its taking so long. I asked him to stop finding excuses, as the check was at par, and it should never take 4 days to update the status, he just did not give any answer.
After several calls to customer care in Mumbai and Bangalore the connection was restored on 1st November, but I have got a mail from TATA teleservices on 2nd November that unless I pay Rs.2511/- my connection might be barred.
I am simply lost at the poor customer service who just can not think beyond finding excuses and harassing the customer even after the bill payment. I am thinking of pulling them in the court if these instances keep happening.
Their service person again turned up, and when her

Comments

Infinity 384 — Internet Billpay

My Name is Srikanth.
My Account number is ACC[protected] and plan o[censored]nlimited download and postpaid one.

for the last month feb 2009 usage period while paying the current charges amount thru
internet billpay provision. After paying also shown that due amount is the same as the current charges as i paid.

there is provision for viewing the internet transaction, in that date with amount is present, Still in Pay Bill option due amount is not calculated correctly. Still showing the old due amount. ( Severity 1 software bug ).

After i paid thru net access, from tata customer care person asking for the due amount.
they dont even check whether that a particular customer is paid the bill for the current month or not.

Also Customer Care is not good. They are not polite.

TATA Indicom — Internet BillPay

My Name is Srikanth.
My Account number is ACC[protected] and Infinity 384 plan o[censored]nlimited download and postpaid one.

Internet bill pay provision. After paying also shown that due amount is the same as the current charges as i paid.

there is provision for viewing the Internet transaction, in that date with amount is present, Still in Pay Bill option due amount is not calculated correctly. Still showing the old due amount. ( Severity 1 software bug ). This is found in the http://tataindicombroadband.in.

they don't even check whether that a particular customer is paid the bill for the current month or not.

Also Customer Care is not good. They are not polite.
please send tataindicom bill my maill ID
my account no is[protected]. please send bill my mail ID

TATA Indicom — Calling barred despite bill payment in time

I would like to bring to your notice the fact that my Tata Indicom Walky Ph#[protected] has been barred from making outgoing calls. This is despite the fact that payment was made well in time by cheque.

My tata indicom account number is[protected].

The payment was made with SBI (Branch Jakhan, Dehradun) cheque no 668233 dated 24 July 2009. The payment is being acknowledged in "My Account" the online service provided by Tata Indicom.

When I called the customer service they kept putting me on hold and the finally when the customer care executive did take the call then he was not able to give any satisfactory answers, on being asked to put the call through to the Supervisor, he said none were available.

Besides this number I have 2 other connections (Walky) from Tata Indicom, if the issue is not resolved within 24 hours I will discontinue all the three numbers. Along with that I will also approach the consumer court.

Ashok K Gopala
re
Please sent me the current bill for the tata indicom number [protected]