[Resolved]  tata safar dicor 2.2vtt — defective vehicle

1ST FREE SERVICE 12/01/2008 KM DONE 946
BARDAHI OIL SUPPLEMENT Paid Rs 500

2ND (EMERGENCY) SERVICE 10/04/08 DUE TO EMISSION OF BLACK SMOKE km done 3015

WASHER 2.5THK FOR INJECTOR 4 PIECES Paid Rs 78.20
AIR FILTER ELEMENT RENEW (AIR FILTER TOP UP )
INJECTOR WASHER REPLACEMENT
CHECK A/C SYSTEM AND DETERMINE FAULT

3RD (EMERGENCY) SERVICE 28/05/08 km done 4117

Safari came to a halt near Khan Market red light.Had to be manually pushed to the side of the road. Called Vivek automobiles who gave my wife the phone number of Mr Kalappa Swami [protected]
Who got my wife to talk to one Mr Ali incharge of towing . He found out my wife’s location and gave my wife’s number to the tow van person who contacted me to again find out location and demand Rs 1000 for towing which my wife refused to pay. Tow van guy threatened not to tow the safari if my wife didn’t pay so again my wife contacted Mr Swami who talked to the tow van person and finally after 1 hour 30 minutes he arrived. He started towing the vehicle with chains to which my wife objected and demanded a tow rod to which his reply was that he regularly towed the safari like this and guaranteed no damage to the vehicle.
My wife followed the tow van to the work shop in another vehicle . On the way the tow van braked abruptly and the safari lights grill and bonnet got damaged.
On arrival at the workshop my wife showed the damage to various concerned people . She was assured the vehicle would be repaired .
2 days later my wife contacted Mr. Bhatnagar workshop manager and Mr. Swami with no decent reply as to the status of my vehicle . My wife finally decided to pay a visit to Vivek Automobiles and Mr. Bhatnagar was very rude and categorically denied any responsibility they had concerning the damage during towing.
My wife immediately went to Mr. O.P.Nanda owner of Vivek automobiles and told him the situation . He told Mr. Bhatnagar [protected] to instantly repair all damages at their cost and not to trouble the customer.
My wife was told to pick up the vehicle on 29/05/08……… it was not ready

Parts changed
Timing belt
Poly v6pk 1280 long belt
Timing belt renew(including timing)
For which invoice was given

Parts changed for which no invoice was given
Head lights
Grill
Bonnet denting painting

My wife collected the vehicle on 02/06/08 with repeated reassurances that the vehicle was perfect and we would not face any further issues and Mr Swami and Mr Bhatnagar had personally inspected it

4th (emergency) service km done 4398

On 04/06/08 my wife, her elderly parents 70 years and above and my 2 children both under 17 years set out on a trip for 6 days to Dehradun, Massouri, Haridwar, Rishikesh.
When the vehicle reached a little ahead of merut past cheetal at 2 pm it again came to grinding halt.

My Wife contacted
Mr Bhatnagar 0-[protected]
Mr Swami 0-[protected]
Mr.Vivek Nanda 0-[protected]
24 hour helpline [protected]

And was given Sri Vasu Motors muzaffarnagar’s phone number
Mr. Kasim Vasu motors mechanic [protected] came and opened the bonnet and the plastic engine cover to discover a screw driver and a bolt resting there. photographs available

He further tried to fix problems and at 3:30 pm he decided the vehicle needed to be towed back to Meerut for repairs at the workshop

Mr Aslam Khan helpline [protected] was contacted to tow the vehicle and he said he would be there as soon as possible
He finally reached the spot at 6 30 pm and towed the vehicle to meerut …. Reaching the workshop at 10 pm.

On 05/06/08 the job card was made and my wife was told they would try to fix the vehicle by 6 pm
At 6 pm after repairing the vehicle Mr Tomar [protected]and Mr Devindra [protected] of Sri Vasu Motors were not satisfied so asked for another day to make sure things were ok

In the mean time my wife contacted Mr.Vivek Nanda who told her to take a taxi for the trip and the cost of the taxi would be borne by Vivek automobiles.She was to keep Mr.Bhatnagar informed as he was going out of town .

She called Mr Bhatnagar on 06/06/08 in the evening and told him they were hiring a qualis and carrying on on their vacation. (total cost Rs 8900)
On returning from the trip she went at 11:30 am on 10/06/08 to Shri Vasu automobiles to collect the vehicle which had been finally fixed.

Invoice for the 4th emergency service km done 4398
TIMING BELT
ASSY.RFF &HLA(INA) (16 PIECES)
ASSY COVER BACK (TIMING BELT)
FRONT COVER TOP (TIMING BELT)
ASSY.TIMING COVER ( BOTTOM FRONT)
ASSY HEX SCREWM6X25-Z3-1-8.8-TS17207 (2 PIECES)
ANABOND 666T 100GM
ASSY TENSIONER (INA)
TIMING BELT RENEW(INCLUDING TIMING)
VEHICLE OFF ROAD HELPLINE
CYLINDER HEAD DISMANTLE AND ASSEMBLE ( INCL.ALL ADJUSTMENTS)
R/R INJECTION NOZZLE (EACH)
TIMING BELT TENSIONER RENEW (INCLUDING TIMING)

She was charged for ASSY.TIMING COVER ( BOTTOM FRONT)
As it was missing ( not broken but just not put back by vivek automobiles)

Only two people of Vivek Automobiles who regularly called me were from the sales department and kept intouch with me and were concerned about my wife's welfare were
Mr Sunny Sehgal [protected] and
Mr Tanuj Verma [protected].
On 15th june she contacted Mr RAvi Aggaral of tatamotors who said he would personally look into the vehicle and asked vivek automobiles to collect the vehicle
ON 16th june Mr Manjit singh Driver of vivek automobiles came in the morning and picked up the vehicle and my wife went along.
they checked the vehicle and took it for a long drive and said it was ok
they kept the bills and promised to courier the cheque.

Then Mr Aggarwal requested the vehicle be picked up again to redo the denting painting work alignment of passenger seat and touching work

on june 20th vivek automobiles picked up the car to redo the denting painting work as the colour didnt match and also remove scratches that were put on the bumper due to towing A head light too needed changing as moisture was getting in also passenger seat goes back at a slant which needed to be fixed
it was delivered back in the evening with only rubbing done on the bonnet and none of the scratches removed on the bumper plus additional scratches were to be seen on the bonnet. only headlight was changed passenger seat still goes back at a slant.
24th june Vehicle has again gone for denting painting work.

GREVIENCES

During 3rd emergency service Vivek automobiles never bothered to call us up to inform us of status of vehicle . My wife had to make repeated calls to Mr Bhatnagar and Mr swami. She finally had to go there and deal with unco-operative and rude workers of Vivek automobiles.

When the vehicle broke down near muzaffarnagar and she informed Mr Bhatnagar and Mr Swami they did call back once each to tell her tow people were being arranged. She told Mr bhatnagar to request the tow people to carry water along as their water had finished and there were no shops near by. No water came.

She also called the 24 hours tata motors helpline (wrong number is printed in the book)which she had luckily confirmed from the internet earlier. The lady assured her that she would call her back after contacting the people concerned but no call back was given.

On the 5th of june she called Mr Bhatnagar up and insisted he talk to Mr Tomar of Vasu automobiles.
Her phone was on loud speaker and she heard Mr Bhatnagar being very sarcastic and asking Mr tomar Why she was still in Meerut and hadn’t gone further on her trip. She called him again later to inform him that she had decided to hire a qualis
She tried Mr Swami’s number which kept ringing... no reply. She tried again and the phone was switched off.
No one from Vivek Automobiles since the 6th of june has bothered to call either her or Shri Vasu Automobiles to find out status of the vehicle or the condition of my family

Mr Ravi Aggarwal [protected] from Tata motors called Shri Vasu Automobiles once only.

The all india help line number printed in the booklet is wrong[protected] it should be [protected]

They too never bothered to call my wife back to inform her that towing had been arranged.

She was stranded in the middle of nowhere with parents both above 70 years old who had in the recent past both undergone surgeries and of which one is a heart patient.
She had along with her a son 17 years old who had undergone epidural on the 27th may and was having pain in his back and a daughter barely 13 years old ……. Both of whom had to push the vehicle to one side of the road.

They were stranded for 6 hours where there were no shops. The water they carried finished and they were lucky to find a hand pump after 4 hours of sitting in the sun.It took another 4 hours to tow the vehicle to Meerut.
My wife and family have undergone extreme mental and physical
torture.
My son on two seperate occasions has had to push the safari off the road
after surgery on his back which has led to severe back pain.

After this experience I feel very unsafe letting my wife take the vehicle anywhere. My wife and family have undergone extreme mental and physical
torture

we feel usafe in the vehicle which has been giving us so many problems in 5 months and only 4500 kms done.
We are having to drive a dented painted vehicle for no fault of ours

We would request you to kindly to replace the vehicle as we feel this is a defective piece

Comments

I agree with this that there is no proactive response inspite of several issues given by the vehicle. It is possible to have a defective vehicle and this has to be addressed by the company.
I agree with this, so much of problem with new vehicle it should be replacd, it has also shaken my confidence to purchase safari, just wanted to know do you guys got any response from TATA on this