[Resolved]  Tata Safari EX VTT 2.2 — Unresolved issue like start problem, clutch problem, door unlock issue and other issues

Respected Sir,

With the reference to the above said subject, from day one onwards I am facing so many problems with Safari. Sir, I am taken this vehicle on November 2007. From that day onwards I am facing so many problems. whihc i have already mentioned in my attached mails along with bearer note.

Now vehicle ready after more 25 days still technicle team not sure that all problems are resolved they only saying that problem resolved if any problem then tata motor will resolved it.

Regarding my conversation had with Mr. Sanjeev Tiwari (Regional Manager- Tata Motors) & Mr. K. P Sharma on last Monday December 15, 2008 at 5:00pm in Tata motors, Fort, Mumbai office for the matter of my recent purchased Tata Safari. As per our conversation I have very clearly mentioned my points that are as follows:

1) Vehicle (No. MH-04-DJ-6839) to be delivered to me by Tata Motors/ Fortune Motors after completely rectified from all the problems (problems are already been conveyed) and their has to be commitment that these problems will not repeat again and for any future same problem company/dealer has to provide full guarantee of replacement and service.

2) If company/dealer not able to resolve the issues, then replace the vehicle immediately.

3) Third Option: In case of replacement I ready to buy new Tata Safari VX VTT2.2 version and pay the difference amount if any.

I have bought my vehicle with impression of Tata Motors commitment and support to its customers. I hope same would be continue and expect fast action on my problems.

I am expecting strong commitment from Tata Motors and also inform you that vehicle will not be accepted without any official commitment.

Please help us how to resolve this issue.

Dombivali West
Thane -421202
Mobile No. [protected] / [protected]
Resi. No.[protected]
[protected][protected][protected]
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 11:47:46 +0530
From: vinay.[protected]@tatamotors.com
To: [protected]@hotmail.com; [protected]@systematixshares.com; [protected]@fortunecars.com
CC: [protected]@fortunecars.com; [protected]@fortunecars.com; s.[protected]@tatamotors.com; [protected]@tatamotors.com; [protected]@sify.com; sanjeev.[protected]@tatamotors.com; komal.[protected]@tatamotors.com

Dear Mr. Patil,

Once again, I reiterate, that the vehicle is perfectly OK now and we dont see any reason for the starting problem to repeat.

Also, I assure you of trouble-free operation with the vehicle in future and all the support from Tata Motors as per our norms.

Please arrange to take the delivery of your vehicle from Fortune Cars, Nerul.

[protected][protected][protected]------
From: Suresh Patil [mailto:[protected]@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 8:45 PM
To: PADWALKAR VINAY S [ Assistant Manager(PCBU Customer Support), Mumbai PCBU, Mumbai ] ; suresh patil; [protected]@fortunecars.com
Cc: [protected]@fortunecars.com; [protected]@fortunecars.com; ANSARI SADIQUE M [ Regional Customer Care Manager (West), Mumbai PCBU, Mumbai ] ; CUSTOMERCARE ( TML ); [protected]@sify.com; TIWARI SANJEEV [ Regional Manager (PCBU) - West, Mumbai PCBU, Mumbai ] ; SHARMA K P [ Regional Customer Support Manager (West), Mumbai PCBU, Mumbai ]

Dear Vinay,

If you are not ready to give any written commitment then I will not accept the vehicle. I thing you are not able to understand my mail please read it again then reply me otherwise don’t waste my time.

Suresh A. Patil
Mobil No. [protected] / [protected]
Res.Tel.No.[protected]

Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 16:26:58 +0530

Dear Mr. Patil,

As committed, we have got the vehicle rectified by our technical experts.

The root cause has been identified and resolved.

The vehicle is ready since 22nd Dec ’08.

For all your future service needs, any Tata Motors authorized service center can be approached and we assure you the best of service.

Request to take the delivery of the vehicle from Fortune Cars, Nerul.

From: Suresh Patil [mailto:[protected]@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 10:50 PM
Dear Vinay,

As per my discussion with Mr. Sanajay Tiwari & Mr. K.P. Sharma, the vehicle will be delivered with commitment to me. The same has been already conveyed to you all in our earlier meetings as well as on my E-mails. So there should not be any confusion.

Mr. Vinay, if you are confident on your expertise then there should not be any problem providing me the commitment letter. I think till date you were not confident on your completed work and your expertise. If you are not sure that vehicle will not create any problems again, then how can I accept the vehicle? I would like to remind you that the invested amount on vehicle is not a small amount.

Further, I would like to inform you that there was a tremendous mental disturbance since last one year on me and my family due to the problems faced by us during traveling anywhere (short and long distance). ONLY because of these issues we had purchased Sonata Gold vehicle (2nd sale). For which I am not asking you any compensation.

So resolve this issue, you have two more options which are already been informed to you via my e-mail dtd. 22 Dec 08.

If you are confident and have rectified the problems permanently then there should not be any problem giving and commiting me in writing the same points.

In future, with regards to my vehicle, if there will be any problems then who is going to take care of it whether Tata Motors or Fortune and what action will be planned by you to avoid such problems. The same should be mentioned in the commitment letter. I need a concrete answer.

Suresh A. Patil
Mobil No. [protected] / [protected]
Res.Tel.No.[protected]

Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 16:28:05 +0530
To: [protected]@systematixshares.com; [protected]@fortunecars.com
CC: [protected]@hotmail.com; [protected]@fortunecars.com; [protected]@fortunecars.com; s.[protected]@tatamotors.com; [protected]@tatamotors.com; [protected]@sify.com; sanjeev.[protected]@tatamotors.com; komal.[protected]@tatamotors.com

Dear Mr. Patil,

The vehicle is performing perfectly OK now after the repair work done by our experts in the last week and the subsequent trials on the vehicle by us.

Request to take the delivery of the vehicle.

Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 3:09 PM
To: MAHESH HATTI
Cc: [protected]@hotmail.com; [protected]@fortunecars.com; PRAVEEN; PADWALKAR VINAY S [ Assistant Manager(PCBU Customer Support), Mumbai PCBU, Mumbai ] ; ANSARI SADIQUE M [ Regional Customer Care Manager (West), Mumbai PCBU, Mumbai ] ; CUSTOMERCARE ( TML ); [protected]@sify.com; TIWARI SANJEEV [ Regional Manager (PCBU) - West, Mumbai PCBU, Mumbai ]

Dear Mahesh,

Regarding our conversation with Mr. Sanjeev Tiwari (Regional Manager- Tata Motors) & Mr. K. P Sharma on last Monday December 15, 2008 at 5:00pm in Tata motors, Fort, Mumbai office for the matter of my recent purchased Tata Safari. As per our conversation I have very clearly mentioned my points that are as follows:

From: MAHESH HATTI [mailto:[protected]@fortunecars.com]
Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2008 20:14
To: Suresh Patil
Cc: [protected]@hotmail.com; [protected]@fortunecars.com; PRAVEEN; vinay.[protected]@tatamotors.com
Subject: Re: tata safari issue MH-04-DJ-6839

Your vehicle has been made ready after necessary repairs. We have road tested the vehicle for 190 kms after repairs and now the performance of the vehicle is Ok. We are keeping the vehicle under observation for next two days and will deliver the vehicle on Monday, 22nd Dec 2008 evening.

Thanking you and assuring you best of our services at all times.

Mahesh Hatti
Fortune Cars, Navi Mumbai.
Mobile No - [protected]

Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 11:27 AM
To: s.[protected]@tatamotors.com
Cc: [protected]@tatamotors.com; [protected]@sify.com; [protected]@hotmail.com

Dear Sadique,

After lot discussion there is no output has come. Till the date there is no news about my vehicle. Last 15-20 days vehicle is in fortune for service center & they are unable to resolve the issue also nobody is interested to inform me. I am not expecting this kind of service from Tata motors who has branded name in the country. Since there is lot of post marten must be happened in Fortune with my vehicle, and because of that it may create another issues in future which is again painful for me. So now I am requesting you to replace my vehicle.

Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 14:40:47 +0530
From: s.[protected]@tatamotors.com
To: [protected]@systematixshares.com; [protected]@tatamotors.com
CC: [protected]@tatamotors.com; [protected]@sify.com; [protected]@sify.com; [protected]@hotmail.com

Dear Mr.Patil,
As informed by our Customer Support Manager – Mr. Vinay Padwalkar, a detailed investigation is being carried out on your vehicle, so as to provide you the best possible service from our end. The case is also being closely monitored by our technical support team.

A detailed feedback would be duly provided to you by our team at the earliest.

Thanking you for your patience & regretting the inconvenience caused.

Sadique M Ansari
Regional Customer Care Manager (West)
Sent: 02 December 2008 14:06
To: Suresh Patil; ANSARI SADIQUE M [ Regional Customer Care Manager (West), Mumbai PCBU, Mumbai ] ; CUSTOMERCARE ( TML )
Cc: [protected]@tatamotors.com; [protected]@sify.com; [protected]@sify.com; [protected]@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: tata safari issue MH-04-DJ-6839

As discussion with Mr. Vinay Padwalkar customer support manager said that he is going today for inspection the vehicle. And I was supposed to get report within two days.

That means there is no action taken till the date, how lightly handling the customer case who has invested 9-10 lacs on vehicle

I think Tata Motor is lease bother about the resolving the customer issue.

[protected][protected][protected][protected][protected]
Systematix Shares & Stocks (I) Ltd.
2nd Floor, JK Somani Bldg, British Hotel Lane, Fort,
Mumbai—400001 India
Tel #[protected] / 66198000, Direct # 30298070 / 66198070
Fax#[protected] / 66198029 IT Helpdesk No. 30298077 / 66198077
Cell# 91-[protected] / [protected]
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 13:15
To: 's.[protected]@tatamotors.com'; '[protected]@tatamotors.com'
Cc: '[protected]@tatamotors.com'; '[protected]@sify.com'; '[protected]@sify.com'; '[protected]@hotmail.com'

Dear Sadique,

Since last Monday November 24, 2008 my vehicle at Fortune Nerul & also had discussion with executive in Tata motors fort office on Tuesday November 25, 2008 I found there is no reaction coming from both side. also there is no information received from

Tata motor executive had asked for two days to investigate the case but after that also I have not received any information about the my safari till the date.

If this kind of response getting from Tata motors & fortune, then it is forcing me to take legal action.

Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 15:46
Subject: FW: tata safari issue MH-04-DJ-6839

Since I have purchased a new safari VTT2.2 car on 29th November 2007 from Fortune Nerul Mumbai i.e. MH-04-DJ-6839, my vehicle Tata Safari had a lot of problems and I approached the service centre and the suggested to repair the same. It was well repaired; however, it came back in less than a day. I request to you please change my safari car because there are endless issues in vehicle.

The detail of reported problem in service center abut my Tata safari
Tata Safari start problem – since July 2008 still not yet resolved
Door Auto Lock problem – since May/June 2008 not yet resolved
Door unlock problem in running vehicle
In Running vehicle on road engine automatic stop or lock
Entire electric / electronic issue in vehicle
Reset the CD Player very frequently
Head Light & Internal lights are flickering which gives disturbance in driving
Loose interior issue
Right side Head Light leakage problem
Moisture captured on electric / electronic part in first rain
Vehicle engine locked in running vehicle
Clutch Problem – resolved but I have paid charges & refunded the same.
Out station Service contact numbers not available in service book

Above said problems are unable to resolve the issue and if its true then Tata motors should think and only sell these cars to their employees so that maintains of the car would be in-house for them or before launching any product they should atleast test it thoroughly at they end like any other international car manufacturer.

This is in continuance of the long problem for which I’ve already approached Service centre in Fortune Nerul Service Center and they have been unable to repair this. What Tata motors expect that customer should invest money on new vehicle & authorized service center will have RND on it to resolve the issue, if I give vehicle in service center then also problem is not yet resolved in last six month, is this service level maintaining by Tata motor.

What is most annoying is that out of the 12 months that I have had the car, I had to take the car 12-15 times to the service centre and not a single problem has been resolved in first attempt all problems are continuously repeating again & again. Out of the less than 365 days that I have owned the car, the car has spent more than 20-30 days at the workshop. Every time I am told the problem is resolved and every time I find out the same thing repairing a couple of days later.

Since July I am reporting complaint of safari start problem & all electric components are continuously resting due to power fluctuation in vehicle to fortune Nerul Mumbai, last few days I am following up with the Fortune Nerul but there is no proper response I am getting from them. Last week they told me that they had done changes n they will observe for 15 days then only they will take decision about the changing various electric parts & wiring. Is this vehicle I bought for RND? I have observed that Tata motors or fortune motors both are not giving any response of mail which looks like very unprofessional attitude.

I don’t have anymore trust on this TATA Safari Dicor Ex (MH-04-DJ-6839) otherwise unwontedly I have go to consumer court and to news channels. So Sir this is my final request please change my TATA Safari Dicor Ex (MH-04-DJ-6839) or refund my money otherwise, I have to take a serious action against TATA Motors / Fortunes Nerul. I’d request you to look into this matter and do the needful at the earliest.

You can call me for further info on this issue. Also you can se my earlier mail which sent in 22nd August 2008.

Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 11:32
Cc: '[protected]@sify.com'
Subject: RE: tata safari issue MH-04-DJ-6839

Last 4-5 day there is no response came from you I think no body is ready to attend my complaints.

Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 20:27
Cc: '[protected]@sify.com'
Subject: tata safari issue MH-04-DJ-6839

This is to inform you that I have purchased Tata Safari Reg. no. MH-04-DJ-6839 in November 2007.

Since I have purchased this vehicle I am facing continuously problem, in last 6-7 month I have given vehicle for service atleast 5-6 times. Is it requiring for any vehicle? Today morning also we started vehicle by pushing by 3-5 people. This is condition of new vehicle.

I have observed that whenever I go out for I need to carry some fuse or I need to find out nearest service station for vehicle service. It looks like a 2nd hand vehicle which needs regular service. As per my observation my Tata safari needs service station every 300-400 km running. I am loosing my confidence with my vehicle due on Regular issue. I am afraid to out for long run.

In last 6-7 month or in rainfall problems reported to service center is given below:

HeadLight Water issue
Door unlock problem in running situation
Interior light / follow me / A/c problem
Clutch issue
Fog Light water issue (new issue)
Many issues

Its very recently i.e. August 07, 2008 I have given vehicle for service, on August 08, 2008 we went out on tour with my family, while retuning back I was stuck-up on Mangalore – Dharwad Hubli- Mumbai Road, it was showing yellow indication right down side on meter panel (which indicate water level in diesel) but there was helpline numbers was not working its very late evening we have received response from Dharwad service station.
I found that the proper contact numbers are not updated on service book, emergency contact numbers of nearest service center not available on service book
Hotlines are not working or not responding or provided number is not working.
When I reached Kolhapur I thought I will show in service center but nobody was available, provided nos. are not working, and other mobile nos. are with the security guard.
On August 14, 2008 night there was no service available due to holiday on August 15, 2008, I left the vehicle on Road till August 16, 2008 morning. it was showing service indication but after that vehicle was break down.
As per discussion with Mumbai service center I asked service centre person come along with the laptop because my vehicle was breakdown unable to start but unfortunately laptop is not available in service center hence they send towing vehicle to pickup.
The breakdown reason I have received from service centre that due to moisture all electronic & electric part not working and also all sensors are not responding that to in first rainfall only.
As per discussion with Kolhapur service center most of rubber parts / bush are very hard or in bad condition, within 6-7 month only I need to change all rubber bush why? Is this 2nd hand vehicle?
Air filter was damaged changed in Kolhapur service center since service done on August 07, 2008.
Clutch problem I have reported within 8 days i.e. clutch is very hard & some sound is coming out from it
Solution: Fortune has spray on clutch spring and sound is gone for clutch we will see in first service

1st 2nd 3rd 4th service we were regularly reporting about the clutch and one day they said there was rough use of vehicle your clutch has damaged which is chargeable. It will not cover under warranty.
Clutch issue has been reported earlier which should be in earlier job card. I would like to inform you that last 12-13 years I used other vehicles but I never found any clutch issue……

Right front door get automatically unlock in running vehicle or in parking mode also. Door problem we have reported many time they have changed but still problem is going on.
Interior lights / follow me /A/C problem
Right side headlight problem in first rain
Fog light problem

Headlight will not cover under warrant because I have fitted high voltage bulb but what about the fog light? And technically I thing water is flowing toward down side not up side then how can water enter into the headlight.

I was surprised that after 6-7 month my new vehicle is giving lot of problem, First time in my life I went with Tata Vehicle and I am facing lot of issue in servicing. I have wasted two days in Kolhapur due to only because of poor vehicle service.

The person wanted to go out for holiday to enjoy & get relief from regular routine life but I am using my holiday time in searching the nearest service station to repair my vehicle.

Kindly look into the matter & take a proper action immediately.

[protected][protected][protected][protected][protected]
Systematix Shares & Stocks (I) Ltd.
2nd Floor, JK Somani Bldg, British Hotel Lane, Fort,
Mumbai—400001 India
Tel #[protected] / 66198000, Direct # 30298070 / 66198070
Fax#[protected] / 66198029 IT Helpdesk No. 30298077 / 66198077
Cell# 91-[protected] / [protected]

Comments

Tata Motors Ltd/Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 VTT Vx 4x2 — Refund/Refund

I have purchased Safari Dicor 2.2 VTT VX 4x2 from Wasan Motors Ltd, Mumbai dtd. 13/11/07, the car got break down on 10/04/2008 due to some manufacturing fault and till date i.e. 20 days from the day of break down the car has not been given and the company is also unable to sort out the problem. Because of this i have been experiencing everey day of Rupees[protected] exps on travelling. The company people are also not responding me, even every day i have been faxing and writing letters to Mr. Ratan Tata (Chairman of Tata Motors Ltd.) but have not received any feedback. There are other problems to mentioned in the vehicle as 1) from the date of purchase the air-condition of the vehicle stop working and every time I have to get the fuse changed from engineers this happens after every 15 to 20 days.
2) Every time when ever i take right or left turn there a noise comes from outside which is manufacturing fault
3) After crossing on any rogh road or pot holes on the road there is noise from all the corners of the vehicle from inside the vehicle.
I am asking the company to refund me the money as the vehicle is only four months old and there are so many manufacturing fauts in this case who will going to use the vehicle which has so many complaints. I am not receiving any response from tata motors ltd people.

My Tel : +91 [protected]
i purchased tata safari dicorLX from joshi autozone chandigarh on 25 feb 09.i got the vehicle without one rear seat head rest.i spoke to the dealer .they initially denied but later send me rear head rest of EX model which does not match with my interiors and looks odd being different in colour.please direct the dealer to send me rear head rest of LX model.i will return EX model head rest .the dealer is trying to convince me by saying thatif i put seat covers it wont be visible.i am not a beggar. i have purchased the veh. they knew it was their mistake that is why they sent me another head rest but of a diff colour. now they are not listening. pl look into the matter as it tantamounts to harrasment of the customer.my cell no is [protected]
same problem my safari doesn't start by self but if it is pussed then it starts.i also infrom you that my self starter is alright.hope you mail me soon
Respected sir,
I have purchased Tata Safari 2.2VTT dicor from Select Motors Warangal after 3 months iam facing lot of problems very first time i have faced serious problem with the ECU. They have replaced it after 28 days but that ecu is with wrong body after that next most problem is Timing Belt almost it was broken for 4 times engine is with warrenty period at any cost i want a new engine because if you people replace it also i may face that problem again so please consider my issue sir i use the vehicle for long trips and it is giving me lot of trouble, even stopping in the middle of the journey.
For sure this is not a good new. the complaints have to be followed.. up to now I was thiking to buy a tata safari but... at this point I have to thik a lot
Respected sir,

I have purchased Tata Safari 2.2VTT dicor from Manipal motors bangalore they are so many problems and the servise is not good. I have faced serious problem with the ECU and it has been replaced and again i an facing same problem. What is the Cost of ECU ? one of worst service they are providing in the service center in bangalore Concord, Manipal and prean they are charging so much and qualily of servise we cannot imagine...

Sathish