Tata Sky — No refund

Ravishankar
How does an individual take on a Business Enterprise?

Legal system in India is known to be very inefficient & slow.

Do Organizations like [URL=http://www.tatasky.com]Tatasky[/URL] exploit consumers because of the tardy legal system?

Recently I have been short-changed by Tatasky - a company belonging to the famed Tata group.

See the mail I sent them below.

My desire is to alert others who might also end up in similar situation.

I need advise on how to proceed against Tatasky and get a refund from them.

Can the Internet community help?

I am a consumer of Tatasky Service. My subscriber ID is [protected]

Last month on 19th I booked 2 additional connections for my house through your call center.
They instructed me to pay Rs.7000/- to the dealer for 2 nos. Digicomp & for installation charges, which I did.

Your engineer visited subsequently and after inspecting my house informed me that since the house had 2 floors and the entrances were separate
each floor are to be treated as a different premises hence additional connection can not be given.

I am living in a joint family & for privacy's sake I have constructed separate entrances in the house I own.

Subsequently I have been informed by your call center executives that refund will be given within 7 days.
But later, after continuous follow ups on my part the executives are now saying refund is not possible quoting some rules.
Now I am stuck with 2nos. Digicomps.

This is an unethical business practice.

The point of contentions are:

No where in your advetisements or you website is it mentioned that a house having separate entrances even though belonging to the same owner will be treated as different connections.

Still, If that be the case you should have sent the engineer to audit the premises before asking me to buy the Digicomp.

It is unfair trade practice to make the consumer buy the digicomps first and then refuse the connections requested & to refuse the Refund.

Please do the needful.

Comments

sir i was very happy with tata sky but we r not getting lots of chenna
so requesting you to do something for us

warm regards,

mahesh dubey
our id no. is [protected] in the names of mahesh dubey

at lucknow

sir i am not getting some chennal you are requesting to do something for the best

warm regards,

mahesh dubey

My ID id [protected] and not able to see any sports channels since two days back although these are indluded in the package.
I was trying to your nos given in the brouchers but no response.
Kindly let me know the reason why not able to see thses channels getting massage to contact tollfree nos.
I am a consumer of Tatasky. My Subscriber ID - [protected]. I want to change my recent package to southzone package from this month onwards. Kindly do the needful.
I am a consumer of Tatasky. My subscriber ID - [protected]. I want to change my recent package to South starter pack from this month onwards. Kindly do the needful.

Jawahar
Cell:[protected]
my id [protected], i have charged it for rs 500, but it is not showing in tv, do needful
dear sir, i m happy with tatasky services but from some i m not geting the whole chhanels it is missing.our id is [protected]. so sir please make it possible.
my subscriber id is [protected] and I want to have southern spice Jumbo along with life style and sports platinum with immediate effect.Kindly help.

Thanx
Wing Commander sreenivas Kari

cell No [protected]
my ID is-[protected].I paid cash Rs 2500/-(Rs. two thousand five hundred only)to KIRTI RADIO AND TELEVISION CENTRE, THANE -W
TELE PH[protected]/25432453 on 3 june 2008 vide their receipt no. 37894

Your mechanic came to my house and gave TATASKY connection on 7 JUNE.
According to Mr.Sagar-the mechanic we have recharged Rs 300/-
but still i'm getting many sms and calls to pay the installation charges otherwise my cable connection will be discontinued from today midnight i.e 9 JUNE 2008

PLEASE SUGGEST ME MY RESPONSIBILITIES

MOB NO.-[protected] RES[protected]
Recently We installed TATA Sky .Basically I am a South indian, Telgu.When i Watched your Telgu Programms you are not telecasting ( Zee TElgu ) But you are Telecasting ( Zee Hindi & Zee Marathi )
You are Highly requested in your Telgu Package .Please Include ( Zee Telgu ) also.

With Regards,
A. Siniwaas
my ID is-[protected] now your all sports channels are lifestyle channel i am not happy with that because of cable operator has giving 200Rs/month all sports and family channels, i think nobody purchase tatasky if you sports channel converts in lifestyle channel.Kindly do not converts sports channel in lifestyle.Also my few friends were telling why tatasky purchase if sports channels are not available.

With Regards,
sanjay
im not a subscraiber of tata sky .what i reciving so many sms from tata sky .in this no, [protected].plz dont messages me.
dear sir.
MY NAME IS NAMIT JAIN MY SUBSCRAITION ID [protected]...
I AM NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR SERVICE . YOU ARE CHARGED MONEY WILLL ALL THE CHANELS WHY.THIS IS VERY BAD .IN THIS CASE THE CABEL TV IS BEST. IN CABEL WE ARE NOT GAVE ANY EXTRA MONEY FOR PAID CHANELS THEY PROVIDE THEM FREE.IF YOU ARE NOT CHANGE YOUR ROULS SO LAST I WANT TO DISCONET MY TATASKY .OK
My name is Guruprasad.R my subscraition ID [protected] I am not happy with the service becoz your cheating the costumer do u now u have been charging me for extra wire as ur telling me it as been used more then 36meters of wire can u tell me how long is 36meter is, my house is heardly 10'feat & he as moved 2'feet a side total it comes 12meters of wire as been used, becoz o[censored]r miss behiver we are the sufferer hear, my account as been deacative for 5days & when i have given a complent there is no owne is attened us & they do not now how 2treat the costumer, i am realy very upset of this, pleas cancle my subscraition & give me back my money . my contact no:[protected]
Sir.this is the month of ramjan, because of this i m saying why Qtv ie not available in tata sky family pakage.
Sir, this is the my request.
My ID No:-[protected]
Contact no:-[protected]
my dig comp no[protected]
dig card no[protected]
nds no cea79a[protected] model no dsi3208c
sir i am not getting display from two days. only volume button is woking, home page also not available. my address
chethan bm
h-74, mrpl town ship, mrpl kuthetoor(p).
mangalore, karnataka.
mob no [protected]
Sir :

I placed an order for Tata sky installation on 17th. sept paying
Rs. 3999/ by credit card. They told me that the set up box will
be delivered within 3 working days, today being the last day.
When I called your office, the lady by name Sonali told me that she would let me know the 'STATUS" OF MY APPLICATION and delivery of the box. I have been waiting at home for the same. This kind of irresponsible answer is not expected from a repute co. Tata's
MY ORDER NO. 1-[protected]. TEL NO.27204108. (040)
I read the complaints regarding your company and customers do have problem in getting refund . So what should I do. Wait indefinitely for the staff to act?
savithri gopalan
customer id: [protected]
contact number[protected]
impossible to get thru to your helpline- always busy...senior citizens need to be handled differently .kindly call back to resolve my issues!!
Customer id :[protected]
Phone number:[protected]

I am here to state that our some request or complain to be followed very immediately which are as follow :-
FIRST:-TATA SKY never display our ACCOUNT BALANCE on our A/c STATUS.
SECOND:-From my package TELGU, MARATHI, RAJASTHANIand BENGALI program should be kindly cancel it and in that place Q.TV program to be mustly added in my package.
please accept my request as soon as possible
After observing Dish T.V, Big TV, Airtel, These 3 Providers allowing Zee telgu in there Telecast,
but till date TATA Sky not providing Zee Telgu Channel in there telecast.What is the reason for not telecasting ? If you allow this channel in Topup basis, so that i Can pay and able to see the Program.
The request is you please allow Zee telgu in TATA Sky telecasting
Kindly give the reply also.
Mo. [protected]