[Resolved]  Tata Sky — Colour distortion

I have two Tata Sky Plus connections (1 in Chennai - [protected] and 1 in Hyderabad [protected]). The Chennai connection has been giving me problems since installation with colours getting distorted. Despite several complaints and visits the problem has not been sorted out. I requested them to change the Digicom box as I suspect it is faulty but this has not been done. Since I do not live in Chennai (my mother does) I am unable to follow this closely. They are now insisting that I pay charges for the visit despite the problem persisting since installation. This is absolutely unacceptable to me. Please get this sorted out at the earliest.

Comments

Hi Arun,
Since you have two connection as you have mentioned you are only facing problem with the STB in Chennai. You must have visited the place to get the problem fixed but there could be a possibility that the reason of its colour diastortion arised due to the television. If possible try watching a DVD movie or with any other external drive (VCD) and see whether the problem still persists if it does than it is a TV problem and if it doesn't than you may have to allot a technician visit. Technician visit is charged by every Co. not only in Dth but other sectors too. If the problem is due to the digicomp and if you are in warranty it is you're right and you will deinately receive a new box for no cost however, out of warranty will be charged. Contact the CC and they will help you out.
The TV is perfectly alright - it is a full high definition Sony Bravia - there is no problem with the picture or colour when I connect through a DVD player, Blu Ray player or Sony Playstation.

It is ridiculous to pay for a problem which has existed since installation. I checked with my advocate who concurs with my view.

Tata Sky Address