the 2009 BT MOBILE DRAW — Claiming the prize amount

halappa M.R.
I have recieved a msg on 21st may 2009 that my mobile had won a prize money of USD $ 850, 000 and they asked my details like phone number, name, address and age. is it real..? and if it is a fake report than what sort of action should be taken against that person. if u have any details regarding this please give the information.

Complaint comments  271 Comments     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

Comments

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I have recieved a message from your end dated 29th oct2010 about the lucky prize amounting USD 850000.
Kindly let me know what it is all about and how to claim the same at your earliest.

Thanking you.

Yours sincerely,
mustaq shaikh
I received the msg and the content of the msg is " YOUR MOBILE NUMBER HAS WON LACK OF 850, 000USD IN THE NEW YEAR 2011 BT MOBILE DRAW, TO CLAIM SEND YOUR NAME, AGE, TEL AND ADDRESS TO:EMAIL:btdraw@hotmail.co.uk". Pls the take the necessary action against them.
The sender of the msg is BA-GOODNEWS
Hi sir,

I received this message on 19/12/2010 in ths message written that "u won750000USD, if want to get the money plz send the ur details like Name, age, addrsss and mobile no which won the price to btmbuk79@hotmail.com

after that they said It is deposited in Royal Bank Of Scotland in a temporary account and all rubbish and Mr.David Zambrano will be bringing it to ur home in legal
and i spoken to Agarwal Dehil airport custom he also states that pay the amount and take the prize .
Possible if you can get the details of the those people we can take severe action on those
I received a msg from BT Mobile UK re R250000.00 that I won! I phone [protected] and spoke to a gentelman with the name of Mr Morris(Bogus name perhaps). He confirmed my telephone number without me given it to him and my Ref no IQZ3UK. Later I phoned [protected] again but now the number stays incorrect.

This is and a big scam and some action must be taken by BT Mobile UK to stop this unlawful use of their name!
hey, I have aslo recieve massage that you have won 85000usd dollar BT DRAR send name, age, sex & email to btdraw@hotmai.co.uk
these are true ?
please help
I too received sms on 23rd jan 2011 early in the morning saying " ur mobile number has won USD 850000 in BT draw and asked me to send my name, mobile number, address and tel. no.
it is a lot of money adn what if it is true and what if it fake. could u help me find the truth.
pranay
I've recieved a msg on 29th jan 2011 regarding that my mobile no has won a USD 850, 000 IN THE 2011 BT Mobile draw and they asked me my details regarding my name address and age, do u think it's genuine and if it is just a false report so if u have any details regarding this plz make sure u provide me
ya i also get the same message from bt-mobile draw this is not the first i got this is a second time that u'r mobile no has won $8500000 in bt-mobile draw ha it's fake really if i will find this person saale ko itna maaruga k nxt tme vo ginti bhul jaega aur kisi aur ko kabhi text karna bhuljae ja...
HI, I am from South Africa last week got an msg that read "YOU ARE A LUCKY WINNER FROM BT MOBILE.UK, TO RECIEVE CASH VISIT www.btmuk.com". On the website they said if you have recieved an sms saying you won then your prize will be awarded to you 100%. Then I got an e-mail from their payment manager Bruce Brand who was explaining that they are a telecommunications company in the UK and they are starting out in South Africa and other countries so that is why I had won i.e. for promotion that is and they also explained they got my number but ever since then, I heard nothing from them. How irratating, I mean who knows what are doing with our personal information? Something must be done to stop this!
too received same mail saying my mobile won 850, 000 USD.For claim send age, address, name, mobile number to bt3009@hotmail.com.
Message came 11:15 PM DATE 28/3/2011
After that I sent my details to bt3009@hotmail.com.
My mobile No: [protected]