[Resolved] The Global International Movers & Packers / Afl Logistics — Damages on material while transporting
I have got a option to work at Bangalore. Hence on[protected] we engaged The Global International Movers & Packers to transfer my household material from Kolkata to Bangalore. They in turn have engaged the AFL Logistics on 2nd August 2010. Consecutively, I came here at Bangalore to search for a house and almost finalised a house in Krishna Reddy Layout, Off Arekere, Bannerghatta road, Bangalore - 560076. But on 03rd August, 2010, I have finalised on a house #15, 2nd Floor, 1st Cross, Manjunath Layout, Near Arekere Micolayout, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore - 560076. I have messaged across the change in address immediately on that very day from my BlackBerry phone(I have kept the message intact for further verification). Then on not receiving the material even after 10 days I started calling up and came to know that they had taken the material to my old given address. After continuous follow up I got the material on 14th August 2010. When I stated pening the packets in front of the delivery man, I found
1) Refrigerator Top Broken apart
2) Refrigerator Water Accumulator Back portion bent and went inside
3) Refrigerator Legs broken and gone inside
4)Refrigerator Glass Shelf inside broken
5)Almirah which was damaged is severely broken
6) Study Table made of Mild Steel Structure and Prelam Particle Board Top have been bent and top ripped off
7) Computer CPU Badly damaged
8) TV Outer case broken
9) Crocker packet entirely crushed
10) Computer Table entirely broken
11) Mild Steel Adjustable Bed Broken & Bent
We have a declared value of Rs.70000/- for the entire set of material. We have paid a sum of Rs.2100/- extra (Over & above the quoted value) which is 3% of the declared value to them. Moreover, our quotation stated a value of Rs. 14339/-+ Tax. Instead I had to pay,
1) Rs. 11000/- while engaging on[protected]
2) Rs. 5400/- while getting delivered on[protected]
Totally Rs. 1000/- extra.
If in this case I am paying so much money they are not acknowledging my claim for insurance which I have paid for and I am eligible for. Everytime I give them a call I come to know about some new story.
As a tax payer and a faithful Indian Citizen I want a help from you to sort out this issue.
Thanks & regards,
Amitava Sen Gupta
Complaint marked as Resolved Aug 13, 2020