TIL LTD — Harassment over phone, demanding illegal money for very old Credit Card

When I came to SBI bank at Nagerbazar -Kolkata for depositing PPF amount, one executive accosted me and told that he will give me a gift as I have PPF A/c. He offered me a free SBI Credid card for one year. I have not shown any interest. He told me you just keep it and it will cover some insurance . Still I was not interested. He then requested me to keep it and it will save his job. Like this,ultimately I have agreed and very quickly he filled-up the application by me.

Any way, I have purchased few goods and paid the amount within due date.After my last transaction
the bill shows some interest( around Rs.50) accrued, though I have given the cheque in due time. I wrote a letter and dropped into drop box, saying that I am not accepting the bill and I want to close the account immediately. But there is no reply from bank. I talked to the branch manager of Nagerbazar and he said there is no relation with the bank and could not help in this matter.

It is surprising that one person is doing business in SBI bank premisses and for that the bank is not
responsible.

In every month bills are coming with an interst of the previous iterest amount. I dropped another letter
for closing the account along with card cutted into pieces as per advice from customer care department.

Still the bills were comming about one year and then stopped. There is no communication till then. I thought the matter was solved.

Now ,after five years, representative from SBI contacted me over phone ,saying that you have to settel
the account and you have around Rs8000/- due. I have explained the whole thing and asked him '"why you have not setteled earlier when the amount was small and now you want to settle when the amount is substancial.'" But he don't like to listen me and keep on disturbing me almost every day in my office and residence. I told the person to give an official e-mail giving details of claim with his name,designation and contact phone. But he did not given me any e-mail, rather he is threating me over phone to me .

Please help me from this dispute.

Ananta Kumar De

Card #4317-[protected]

Ph:[protected]

Comments

til limited — not received credit card

I have applied for credit card before two month.
My application no. 810517 but i have not recived credtt card.
Vary Poor Service