Ask a Question Ask a Question FAQ FAQ Sign in Sign in

[Resolved]  Ultra Motors India, , , , Velocity — Poor life of battery

I have bought e bike (Velocity) from Ultra motors before 1.5 years,however my usage is almost 10 kM/Day,inspite of it,it battery goes off after at 5000 Km. Could I replace it with new one???????
If no then I will suggested all my Indian Brothers not to buy it even if it is energy efficient.Because in 1.5 years of time I could have been lost may be 5000 Rs. if I have used petrol bike which is quite lesser then the cost of battery only around 8000 Rs.Is it a smart buying??????????Question this before you go for E bike from ultra.......

Parul J Desai

Comments

I have bought e bike (Velocity) from Ultra motors in CHENNAI GEE GEE MOTORS ON[protected].however my usage is almost 20kM/Day, inspite of it, the battery goes off after at 2036Km.We have complained to our dealer but he didnot respond to our complaint.The dealer who says we should pay a sum of amount Rs 9000 to REPLACE THE BATTERY.since we got this vehicle through media we are unable to proceed.so i request all my indian brothers & sisters not to buy this vehicle any more though it is enviromental friendly.
Normally the battery life is 300 cycles and more. However the warranty is given for 6 months. Your incidence is one of the kind but normally it is cost effective and hassle free to ride an e-bike.
it is ok that your battery lasts 1.5 years. Since battery is chemical in nature and have its life irrespective o[censored]se. If you dont use your inverter or UPS for years do you think these will last for many years? No!!!.

I agree that in your case it was not economical since you drive less. It is the feature of all the vehicle. You may have heard that it is better to keep you vehicle rolling other wise many parts will go off. The first one will be tyre second one will be engine cyclinder. In that case the brand of tyre can not be blamed.

You can buy a new battery set from Ultra having various other models. They must deduct the scrap cost of your present battery. Which is very high since it is all made of Lead- costly item.

I think the expenditure in petrol vehicle maintenance and e-bike battery per year is not comparable due to the fact that in case of e-bike you always have around 1200+ Rs. as battery return amount. The same is not available in petrol vehicle.