[Resolved]  United Healthcare — extremely bad customer service provided by United Healthcare

Hi, My company provides medical cover for employees and their families. The insurance vendor is United India Insurance Co. Ltd. The policy is administered by the United Health Care (UHC). My father was hospitalized from 11th Jan 2010 till 25th Jan 2010 in one of the Faridabad hospitals. His was a cashless claim. In June 2010, I noticed a discrepancy in the balance policy amount on UHC site. Since then I have been contacting them to correct it. But I am having a very hard time. Actually due to some mistake at insurance company/TPA's end, they had done an excess payment to the hospital. Pls note that this was brought to their notice by me. They have already received the refund amount of Rs. 35,854 from the hospital in Aug 2010 but still they are not making the corrections in the balance policy amount.

Since June, I have written infinite number of mails to UHC, have logged complaints on the their site and also have spoken to them over the phone and in person. Till date neither the amount has been corrected on the site nor they have confirmed over the mail the correct amount.

I am sure to get this resolved thru this channel. I am happy to provide more details. Also I would like to know how can I claim compensation?

Faridabad