[Resolved]  Utkal Hyundai — Refund money for booking cancellation

I had booked Hyundai i10 and paid Rs 20,000/- for booking on 31st Jul 2010. In the mid of Aug, I had decided to cancel the booking due to some personal reason. But still waiting for the refund.

I had raised this issue with Hyundai customer care. They have expedite the case and I got a call from the dealer that they will let me know within a day.

Yesterday, i.e on 22nd Sep 2010 i got a call from the delear and surprised to hear that the cancellation charge will be Rs 5000/-. However I did ask about the cancellation charges at the time of booking, got the response that there will be no charges.

Please help/advise how to get my money back.

Dealer Name: Utkal hyundai
Dealing Person: Debi Dutta Swain
Car booked: i10
Booking Amount: Rs 20,000/-

Thank you.
Subrat Mohapatra
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

Utkal Hyundai — Cheating of Customers

There is evidence that M/s Utkal Hyundai, Berhmapur is cheating all its Hyundai customers. I recently purchased a i10 mgna 1.2 model through said dealer with the given understanding that the price would be 'insurance free' and Rs. 15, 000/- 'exchange bonus offer' will be refunded after I submit the documents relating to selling of my earlier car. Fraudulently, M/s Utkal Hyundai has charged the so-called 'free' insurance amount on the pretext of 'other charges' shown in their invoice. In addition, after receiving the documents relating to my earlier car they are not sure as to when Rs. 15, 000/- will be refunded to me. Nor do they have any courtesy to reply to my letter written to them asking to clarify the above points, posted on Dt.[protected] under a copy to M/s Hyundai India limited, New Delhi. Now I have to take up the matter further in order to seek justice. I pity those customers who are beeing trapped by M/s Utkal Hyundai though false promises and fraudulent deals.

Bhubaneswar