[Resolved]  Vasan Eye Care — Cataract surgery gone wrong!

Hi all,

The same happened with my Father. He is 56 and he was advised to undergo cataract in the left eye asap. he underwent it on 7th feb 2011 at saidapet branch of vasan eye care.All went well until he said that there was a persistent irritation in his eye. Then again, on the 5th day we went back to the doctor for routine check up and told him about the persistent irritation. He told that that my father is diabetic and that might be the reason for his pain and persistent irritation.Due to severe pain and irritation in the eye, My father went again to the doctor and thats when the doc had said to him that there is some fibre inside the eye and that oughta be removed asap. He was again taken to the Operation Theatre where in they did some procedure to the remove the fibre(on 18th feb 2011).When asked about the reason behind that, the doctor didn't respond properly. He just said that it was some cotton fibre and now that he had removed it, there are no issues. Even then, My father couldn't see anything properly. His eye irritation was still persistent and his vision was not so clear even after a month. Then, we took him to another doctor nearby for second opinion. That's when we found out that they have done some wrong procedure and have given heavy doses of medicine. Being a heart patient, he was down and vexed because of this and his BP shot up thrice and his health became so bad. Is there any option to file a petition against the hospital for causing such inconvenience ? Is there any option to sue them? All we need is justice. His health condition has become very bad now only because of this. I advise the other patients who have an idea of going to vasan eye care for some surgery, strictly not to go there for any procedures. And, their tagline "Naanga irukom" sounds so stupid now, that are they for causing some severe damage to our eyes???
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

In vasan Eye care done unnecessary test

1. Testing charges is very high