[Resolved]  Videocon Bazooka 25 Inch Color TV Model 6410 R — Smoke and Burning coming immediately after repairing

Please see these compliant already sent to you though registerd post. We expect your early action
24th June 2008
M/s Videocon Marketing Office,
171/C, Mittal Court, Nariman Point,
Mumbai 400 021
Dear Sirs,
I purchased a 25inch CTV of model no: 6410 R and of serial no: 100059 on[protected]. About 3 weeks back, it went completely dead suddenly, without any apparent reason, the stand-bye light glowing. The unit was repaired by your authorized service centre, Smart Service, Trichur and brought back on[protected] for re-use. An amount of Rs 537/= was paid by me vide their job no: 24166 on the same day itself, for which they had issued a receipt. But, immediately after the departure of the Technician, the unit became dead again without any apparent reason and the matter was reported to the Technician over mobile phone. He had promised to come again for check-up as early as possible. The unit was in the stand-bye mode as usual. But after a period of about 2 hours we found that, to our utter astonishment, smoke was coming out of the unit and heard cracking sounds of broken parts inside it. The top portion of the wooden cabinet has started burning then and the unit was disconnected immediately and brought outside with great difficulty. A small quantity of water was splashed on the unit to avoid further damage. This was immediately conveyed to the Technician, who is engaged with some other works somewhere near to this place. He inspected the unit after some time and took it for repairs on the same day evening itself. When I enquired several times during the past 6 weeks about the progress of repair work, they had informed that the matter has been brought to the notice of the company and are expecting the necessary spare parts. But, on enquiry to-day, they have informed that an amount of about Rs 3, 000/= is to be paid by me as repair charges. The unit was repaired by your authorized service centre and if the unit caught fire immediately after repairs, it is obviously due to some faulty parts of the unit or faulty repairs of your service agents. The consumer is not responsible for it and hence it is not proper on the part of a reputed organization like yours to penalize the consumer for the fault of the unit or repair. In fact, you have already agreed this aspect of the problem in principle and hence, might have sent the required spare parts. I would request you to kindly look into this matter immediately and instruct your service agent not to charge me as I am not responsible for what happened.

Thanking you,

M/s Videocon Marketing Office,
171/C, Mittal Court, Nariman Point,
Mumbai 400 021
Dear Sirs,
Kindly refer to my letter dated 24th June 2008 sent to you by registered post from Mannuthy Post Office vide no: 6372 on 25-06-08, a copy of which is enclosed for your reference. It is very much regretted that even after more than one month, I have not received any reply. Hence it seems that no action is taken by you in the matter. The unit is out o[censored]se for the past 3 months causing much inconvenience to me. I therefore request you to kindly take immediate and appropriate steps to do the needful, failing which I will be compelled to complain to the Consumers Protection Council against you and your authorized service agent, M/s Smart Service, Trichur.
Thanking you,
Yours sincerely

C.M.D.Namboodiripad
Cheramangalath Mana, Ollukkara,
Thrissur 680 655
Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-14 00:24:34
Complaint comments  3 CommentsShare0Tweet0

Comments

Bazooka 25 inch tv — Regarding Service

Hi...My tv is not working for the last 25 days and haven't yet get it repaired.Your service personnel came and told me that the L.O.T of the set has gone and it is not available with them.i had enquired your service centre at calicut, Kerala and their response was not satisfactory.They are telling that the product is outdated and the company is not producing the same.Actually i want to purchase a 32 inch LCD tv after repairing it but now i feel that it will be better to purchase it from another company where good customer service is available..Hope you reply.
dear C.M.D.Namboodiripad i have a videocon tv bazooka 6410 R 25". but the problem is i have not the original remote. please tell the serial no printed on the remote. i will be very happy if someone send it to my mobile. my no is [protected]. my name is pratap from bhubaneswar.
hello all. i want to know the remote no of my tv videocon bazooka, model no 6410r, 25". please anyone have this tv plwase send me the remote control.

mobile-[protected]

pratap

bhubaneswar

Videocon Industries Phone
    Videocon Industries Address
    14 Kms Stone, Aurangabad-Paithan Road, Chitegaon, Tq. Paithan, Dist. Aurangabad, Aurangabad, Uttar Pradesh, India - 431105