[Resolved]  Viennois - Vanity Box & Jewelry Set — Items not received, though AVA confirms delivery

I had placed an order for Combo Offer "Viennois 872 - Vanity Box & Jewelry set, Qty - 2" with AVA Merchandising. The order was confirmed through the sms dated 12th July 2009, that I received, indicating Order No CI 12440.

Subsequently on 16th July I got an sms indicating that the Items have been dispatched by courier service, " Overnite Express" through Docket Number[protected].

Since, I did not receive the items so far, today I tracked the items at the website of Overnite Express, where the same waere indicated as delivered.

On contacting AVA executives at the phone number[protected], I was informed that the items have been delivered to me on 16th July 2009. HOWEVER, NO ITEMS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED BY ME AT MY ADDRESS GIVEN WHILE PLACING THE ORDER AND ALSO CORRECTLY INDICATED IN THE SMS SENT TO ME.

On enquiry from the Overnite Express staff at Customer Care numbers i.e[protected], I was informed that the docket number quoted by AVA i.e[protected] was actually for items that have been delivered to, Mr Sanjay Sharma, 22 - A, Begumpur Village, New Delhi, which have already been delivered by Overnite Express at that address, . I informed the same to the AVA Executives on phone, who were neither very helpful nor very positive about delivery, except saying that they will do the enquiry to find out the facts and it may take a week. What does the customer do till then ??

There are 2 possibilities for non delivery of items to me, for which I have already paid for from Credit Card :-

1. The items, meant for me have been wrongly delivered to Mr Sanjay Sharma as per the Overnite Express information.

2. I have been sent a wrong Docket number on sms, vide which my items were dispatched.

There is a need to be more professional in the work so that the 'unsuspecting' costomers do not suffer and are not taken for a ride by AVA, havinh charged the money through the credit card.

Thanks and looking for resolution of the complaint and prompt delivery of items at my address.

Complaint categoryCategory: Other