[Resolved]  VSNL dial-up connection — Cannot access my e-mail A/c.

Dear VSNL or Tata Indicom Total Internet,

I have been using VSNL for all my e-mail and surfing since 1995.

When I applied for broadband connection, you replied that your broadband facility was not available in our area. I therefore accepted MTNL's triband service. Since February 2004, all my e-mail and surfing has been through MTNL tri-band.

I renewed my subscription @ Rs.800/- per year plus tax every year on or before the due date of February 8th. But as stated earlier, I have not used the VSNL server since February 2004. Consequently as on 08.02.2009 the balance in my account was Rs.2, 171.93.

When I went to your VSNL building to renew my subscription on 06.02.2009, I was directed to an address given on a computer printed address label reading:
BROADBAND, 3RD FLOOR
SILVER SATELLITE BUILDING
ANDHERI -- KURLA ROAD
MAROL -- MUMBAI
and written by hand: 67250883 / 60607070

After numerous attempts I finally got through to 60607070 on 06.02.2009 and the gentleman who answered the phone informed me that there was no need to renew my subscription by paying Rs.899/-
but instead to send a message so that you could deduct Rs.3000/- from the above balance of Rs.2, 171.93 and keep my account operating so that I continue to get e-mails at this address.

Accordingly I sent you an e-mail message that same day (06.02.2009) and I also asked you if this balance (which at Rs.3, 000/- per annum will take SEVEN YEARS to get exhausted) could be utilised to pay for my Tata Indicom wireless internet -- ID [protected] -- to which I have subscribed w.e.f. 17.01.2009 for which you are charging me Rs.325/- per month.

However, I now find that I am unable to access my VSNL A/c and download messages sent to my e-mail address <[protected]@vsnl.com> or <[protected]@giasbm01.vsnl.net.in>.

I look forward to confirmation that I can continue to use my old e-mail address and download mail addressed to either of the above addresses.

Please also confirm that the balance in my VSNL A/c can be utilised for payment of the wireless internet connection.

Aloysius D'Souza

Please also

Comments

i unable to install tata indicom dialer setup.exe
Dear Sir / Madam,

I have been using VSNL for all my e-mail since past years. However, I now find that I am unable to access my VSNL A/c i.e. [protected]@vsnl.com . I got the complaints from my clients that when they are trying to send me the emails on this ID, the emails were automatically bounced.

Please let me know the reason for above, I look forward to confirmation that I can continue to use my above e-mail address.

I wish the problem gets rectified as soon as possible.

Thanking you,

For A Ball Creators

Kanu H Galia
(M) [protected] / [protected]
We also face similar problem. We lost install CD of dial-up connection of VSNL. The help desk is not atall helping. In our above account more than 165 hours is remaining. Our account should be renewed in Nov'09. The VSNL have promptly sent the reminder email for renewal. This is the first Organization in TATA family who are not customer friendly. We dont know how to proceed. Is there any provision to write a complaint to any forum we can over see the ISPs?
Can any body help us in this matter?

G.J. Dave