[Resolved] Wagon-r — Problem with Wagon-r
Mr. Jagdish Khattar,
I am the owner of Maruti Wagon-R, car no. - DL8CK - 4986. I bought this car from DD Motors, Wazirpur Industrial Area, Near Punjab Kesari Office on October 20' 2005. Right from the beginning, my experience with DD Motors has not been good. They called us for delivery in the afternoon but did not give us the car till evening and it was dark when we got the car. Not only, they made us wait for about 3-4 hours but when we got the car, it was not even cleaned properly and because it was dark, we really couldn't see the car properly though we checked it in the best possible way.
The below paragraph states the recent problem(Point 1 & 2), below that, the text in blue states the problems that we faced right after buying the car and some still there -
1) Caliper Pins of both the tyres – one of the recent problem
Couple of months back and may be it is the same noise for which I had raised questions to the main Maruti and D.D Motors after few months of purchasing the car, car started producing lot of noise especially when it was being driven on bad roads. At first, we couldn’t understand what was it, we showed it at DD Motors and even they couldn’t find out the problem.
After few days, we went to our local car mechanic and he suggested that it could be due to loose caliper pins or the whole set!
I went back to DD Motors and explained the same and then they agreed and replaced the pins and car stopped producing the noise. This happened twice and both the times DD Motors replaced the PINS and told us that they have done a lot of inspection and came to the conclusion to replace the same.
But the story doesn’t end here, it’s been only few days and the car is back to producing noise!!
As a layman, I would not know the exact solution to a problem but I don’t expect the same from a person who is working as mechanic in DD Motors – the main dealer of Maruti.
Also, what do you want me to do this time, go back and tell them to rectify the problem again!!!
Why couldn’t they do it right the first time……..this is shameful for them first not to understand the problem and second, not to handle the problem well!!!
I am a working person and I hardly get time to do some extra things besides the regular job………and I would like to mention that taking rounds of DD Motors, asking them to look into the car problems is very unproductive and I don’t have time for this!!!
2) (a) Noise in the front door while opening and closing the same. This also occurred
earlier, but again no action has been taken to resolve the problem.
(b) A.C -- Some problem with the AC as sometime it gives very good cooling and
sometimes it hardly cools.
After we brought the car home, we found that the
1) Set of keys of the gear lock was broken.
2) We noticed a big patch of different color in the dashboard which we brought to their notice.
3) The first & second gears of the car were not smooth at all. We had difficult time driving.
4) While driving, we also noticed a sound in the front and rear right side of the doors.
5) The 'dikki' of the car could not be closed properly.
6) The sudden pulling of the brakes produced a loud sound.
We contacted DD Motors and they took the following actions for the problems above -
1) They changed the keys.
2) Firstly, they refused to change the dashboard and even after visiting several times, they tried to convince that this is a not a problem and will not affect the car in any way. So, seeing no hope for this problem, we told them that we will approach main Maruti Company if they can't do the needful; and to our surprise, they changed the dashboard the very next day BUT again the dashboard was not fitted properly and one day, the steering almost came out of its place while driving.
Because we were really frustrated as there was no respite despite repeated requests, we contacted Mr. S P Singh (senior official in DD Motors) and the GM - Sales.
They took the action on the same day and solved the problem of steering but again took 3-4 visits to solve the problem of loose dashboard.
3) This problem is no more there, thank you!
4) The problem was solved after changing a few parts of the doors .
5) This was again solved in 3-4 visits.
6) Still there is a problem while pulling brakes.
Please note all these changes/repairs are being done within 6 months of purchase and still continues. This is a shocking fact.
I think I’ve suffered enough and this time, I don’t want to go through the same procedure rather would approach Consumer Court and Media if all my problems do not get resolved properly!
Thanks & Regards
Was this information helpful?
Aug 13, 2020Complaint marked as Resolved
Category: Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Add Company Information