Show menu
FAQ FAQ Categories Categories Sign in Sign in

[Resolved]  West Coast Paper Mill Ltd — Fraud in share transfer

The company’s (West Coast paper Mill Ltd, Dandeli Karnataka) own personnel committed fraud (crime) by replacing my original specimen signature in English with fabricated one in Gujarati and illegally transferred 1700 shares in the name of other people in May 2000. Some of these shares were transferred in the name of their own employees.

If a bank accepts the wrong signature and issues money, it is the bank’s responsibility, although this could be an honest mistake. However, if a bank replaces an original signature and then issues money, this is a crime. Further after repeated requests I was sent a photocopy of a fragment of the share transfer form with what purported to be my signature. This ‘signature’ was in Gujarati, although I have never used the Gujarati form of signature, and the sample signature I originally provided to the company was in English. Furthermore, the Gujarati signature is not in my hand-writing.

When I asked to see copies of the original transfer forms issued at the time of my purchase in order to confirm my signature, and was told that the records had been ‘’shifted to old records room’’ and that ‘’instructions have been given to comply with your request.’’ This was in May 2002, and now (after persistent requests) says that it is “not traceable”, then it nothing but the continuing criminality.

I have written 72 registered letters to the following organizations but no one even replies me for any suggestions or comments. They just sent my letter copies to the company.

· SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India) offices in Mumbai and Chennai)

· National stock exchange, Mumbai

· Ministry of company Affairs, Bangalore, New Delhi

· Director, Central Bureau of Investigation, New Delhi

· The Prime minister of India

· President of India

Chairman, SEBI, Mumbai

In year 2005, the company writes to me that lapses have taken place in its dept but produces unreasonable demands that I rather file the case against the stock broker.

I do not know the stock broker.

I am Non resident Indian based in the U.K.

Can any body please advise whom I should contact?
Was this information helpful?
Yes (0)
Aug 13, 2020
Complaint marked as Resolved 
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShareTweet

Post your Comment

    I want to submit Complaint Positive Review Neutral Comment

    Contact Information


    Complaint categoryCategory: Other
    Add Company Information