[Resolved]  whirlpool Europa Classic washing machine — Model declared outdated by the trichy service centre and unable to run the show

I have purchased a Europa Classic front loading washing machine in Trichy on 29th October 2001. I have then shifted the machine to Chennai due to my official routine and now i am back in Trichy. I haave spent around rupees six thousand and more for the repair at chennai with Maruthi Engineering ur franchise holder for services. Now i face some problem in the machine and the local sercice centre people attended the machine and declared it outdated and difficult to get the spares. I have faced the same problem at Chennai also and therefore they have refused to undertake the annual maintanance contract and hence i was forced to pay for the repair then and then. It is roughly eight years have gone and i have used the machine sparingly on occassions when i came to kw that AMC was not possible.

Sir, is it my fault for having purchased whirlpool machine which was then imported. Now i find very difficult to run the machine for want of spares. I have made several complaints abt this to various officers and also talked to ur service manager then at Chennai who has opined to exchange the machine with a new one of the current model becomes out of order.I have purachased the machine for over rupees 16000 in the year 2001 and have incurred additional 6000 rupees for repair and in total to say the cost has come to 24000 rupees.

I therefore request ur goodself to contaact one Mr.Ravikumar Sabharwal o[censored]r company in headoffice to whom i have mailed earlier while i was in chennai abt this problem. I need ur reply to exchange the machine. I have no idea to part this machine and i am thrown to that extent bec of this machine being declared outdated by the company/ I shall be happy i[censored] kindly discuss this subject with ur head office and to a viable solution so that the consumer is not affected. Pl., do remember all my house appliances is only from whirlpool. The company having a high reputation hope will not let down the customer for no fault of him. My Mob. No. is [protected] and u can well reply over mail and also can call on me and appraise the position.

with warm regards,
S.Parthasaraathy..

I am sorry if my mail avails much o[censored]r precious time and i have no other alternative than mailing u. I have purchased one o[censored]r Washing Machine model Europa Classic on 13th Jan., 2001.. with an opted three years service contract for a sum of Rs.17950/=. I do not know at the time of purchase whether the model is an imported one or indigenious. I have purchased it with full trust with the company. Now i find ur service partner Sri Maruthi Engineering, In chennai is not prepared to undertake the Annual maintenance for that machine due to non availability of spares for that machine. I do not know as to whther they replace with the original spares or a local one when some problem arises in the machine.I have contacted ur Whirlpool office also over phone and they also say the same problem.Sir, let me know first am i at fault in selecting your brand washing machine as my all the other applicances after purchase of this is from ur company. I have gone in for peace of mind of plan for my fridge and also ordered for Magicook20s/20Lts., microoven. I have incurred enormous expenditure over maintaining the washing machine. Sir, you can well depute one of senior engineer o[censored]r Chennai office to look at the washine Machine and see how best it is maintained. I am aged staying with my wife and mother and need the machine in condition and manual washing is not possible by us. My ultimate request is that the reputation of your company is so high in the marcket and very competitive and therefore the replacement of my machine with the existing indian make is nothing for the company. I have also yesterday morning registered a feed back in your web www, whirlpoolindia.com/contactus.aspx and i am waiting for a reply. Sir, I shall be greatful if something is done for me when my investment for Europa Classic washing Machine was high at the time of investment. Your early reply will be thankfully appreciated. My mobile No. is [protected]. The service partner o[censored]r company in chennai whose name i have mentioned knows the entire fact and also your office in chennai. I have taken your mail ID from CORPORATE INFO/Investors against compliance matters. [sent to ravi kumar sabharwaal o[censored]r company earlier on 2nd August 2007.
with warm regards,
S.Parthasarathy.
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

whirlpool europa washing machine — machine not working

i have a wirlpool europa washing machine purchased 6-7 yrs back from a chandigarh dealer.i was told to register a complaint via the toll free numbers but none is working-do not exist. the service centre nearest to kalka is parwanoo but the dealer does not exist any more- the whirlpool site has not been updated for many yrs - and its a great harassment for the consumers to register the complaint-. kindly help.
add- 1935, ramnagar kalka. dist panchkula- pin-133302