Whirlpool — Defective Liner of the Refrigerator

Kalpakkam, Kanchipuram District, Tamil Nadu, India
 crgopal
I had bought a Whirlpool refrigerator Master MindF23 DLX (S.No. INA[protected] from A.E.E.C. Co-op Stores Ltd G2160 at Kalpakkam on[protected]. During the warranty period, the fridge had developed liner cracks, which was addressed to the Whirlpool, Chennai Office. After constant follow-up from my side and desperate calls to them, the refrigerator was replaced by Whirlpool, Chennai through an Appliance Replacement Advice No. [protected] dated 24/08/2010 and the item was received by me on 01/09/2010 at Kalpakkam. Whirlpool assured me that the replaced refrigerator also carried warranty for a period of one year from the receipt date i.e. 01/09/2010.

Now the same problem of Liner cracks are appearing in the refrigerator and number of complaints have been registered with Whirlpool. To my dismay, the company is reluctantly sending their engineers to my house with an assurance of replacement since January 2011. This is the reason why I had to approach this forum for the redressal of my grievance. Now their Chennai office informed me that Kalpakkam comes under Kanchipuram office and I am being directed to this new office. Whirlpool at Kanchipuram office have refused to address my problem saying this can not be replaced.

Such a reputed company has supplied the refrigerator of poor design/workmanship or from defective lot and the company is not ready to address my grievance. I have tried all possibilities without any success.

C. Rajagopalan