[Resolved]  Whirlpool Lop Loader Washing Machine — New - but broken washing machine

On 17 Jan 09, I purchased a Top loader whirlpool washing machine. Since the first time I have used the machine it has been making a grinding and clapping noise. To me this is not what a brand new machine should sound like.

I went back to the company where I bought the machine and reported the matter. We immediately contacted the whirlpool help line and complained about this. I was assured that my complaint whould receive immediate attention and that I would receive feedback within 3 day. Since then two weeks have past and still no one has contacted me.

I have phoned twice to check on my complaint but every time I get the response that the matter is being attended to. How long is this going to take?

At this stage I am to afraid to use my washing machine because any further use might damage the machine.

I can't wait any longer and will resort to reporting this matter to the Aus consumer helpline if I don't get an answer soon.

My customer / case no is 244744. I excpect that this matter will be resolved before I have to take further action to get my case to be attended to.

Whirlpool has always prided itself to deliver excellent service and products. If this is the case why are you not adhering to what you pride yourself to be.

I am very unhappy with and dissapointed in Whirlpool.

Christine van den Bergh