Country Holidays Inn & Suites — fraudulent promises, fake offers, and unethical practices by misrepresenting their services

Noida, Gautam Buddh Nagar District, Uttar Pradesh, India
 Sankalp Naswa on Apr 13, 2019

I had filled one coupon at mgf metropolitan mall gurgaon last month where the person told me that ‘country inn’ has opened new hotels at few locations including shimla, jaipur, goa etc. And the company is offering 2n/3d trips to families.

In the ensuing week, i received many calls from a person named ashish and another named pooja informing that i was entitled to free vacation along with book my show vouchers. I was not willing to go as i don’t trust in these offers, so i denied. But she kept on convincing me that i just had to visit their shop in mgf with my wife for collecting the freebies. I finally said okay, i will come. They told me that they are having an event for families such as mine in le meridien, near guru dronacharya metro station.

On 24/03/2019, we went to the hotel wherein three people, ashish (Introduced himself as jr. Sales rep), prabhanshu gour (Introduced himself as sr. Sales rep), and akshit kakkar (Introduced himself as branch manager) started selling a holiday package by doing lots of false commitment like:

We have 5000+ hotels in india
We have hotels in around 30 other countries
You will not get any issue while booking restaurants at any time including 25 dec to 5 jan if you informed us in advance. We give confirmed domestic booking at hotel of your choice if advance notice given of 72 hours and confirmed international booking at hotel of your choice if advance notice given of 1 month.
We have at-least 7-8 options in each cities.
Each option is a 4-5 start properties
You will save at-least 50-70% on each stay. Etc...

After spending about 3 hours listening to them, i asked them one question repeatedly: how do i need to book.

Their answer always was that we only need to book through the app / website.

When asked would i need to send them mails and wait for replies for booking, they confirmed that no; all of their properties are shown on their website and i only need to book through the app / website.

We paid after multiple such promises and then we came back and searched the app. It had only 3 international destinations and about 20 domestic destinations with less than 100 hotels.

We immediately went back to tell them that why so - all three again confirmed to us that it is because you are logging as a guest id and when you will log in as a member, you will see all locations. This is a company tactic to provide better choices to its members.

The next day i searched about the companies reviews, and i found lots of complaint about the company, peoples are saying that most of the time all good options are showing sold out even if we are trying to book in advance.

Two days later i got a call from customer care stating their rules of engagement, wherein when i asked them how will i need to book, they told me that i will need to send them a mail stating my choice of dates and the city and they will send back hotel options available. This is the exact opposite of the promise that was made to me.
When i also asked them whether once i log in as a member, would more destinations which they have put on their website and in their booklet they have provided would become available, they told me no; those are the only ones which can be booked through the app; for everything else, you need to mail us.

On your website:
Only 67 hotels at 35 locations are listed under chis-associated category
Only 50 hotels in 12 countries are listed on chis-internal-exchange page (Excluding domestic hotels)
Only 117 all hotels are available on both pages
You are providing only room only package i have to pay extra for breakfast and dinner but when i am booking directly with b/d i am getting better options.
I paid 3, 20, 000 /- for 30 weeks holiday and with the reality it is too costly without any options.

I replied to them that i need my money back and i do not confirm the membership. On this complaint, they are delaying and ignoring my mails and calls. The customer care is responding by saying that the sales rep mr. Prabhanshu needs to mail them that i should be given my refund. I call up mr. Prabhanshu and after 10+ calls over a week, he says he has mailed them. I call up customer care and they tell me they haven't received any mail.

I have requested within two days of buying this membership to cancel this request but still they are not ready to refund my amount. They are just going in loops with me.

Registration no.: chis-dl776780
Amount: 320, 000 /-

[Apr 13, 2019] Country Holidays Inn & Suites customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShare0Tweet0

OBS TOWER - 3rd Floor, A-Block , A-37, Sec-63 , Gautam Budh Nager, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India - 201301
    Country Holidays Inn & Suites - fraudulent promises, fake offers, and unethical practices by misrepresenting their services