[Resolved] Dell — Not satisfied with Dell..

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
 prasadganga
Hi, This is Prasad, i bought dell studio 1555 laptop in 2009. I am facing mother board issue for this model. When i call dell customer care, they are telling parts are not available for this product and STOPPED SUPPORTING support. They can't help with this issue. A manufacturer should provide support for the products which they are selling. And that to dell Brand company. Really i don't understand why they stopped supporting. If they can't provide support, why do they need to sell? It's not even 5 yrs they stopped providing support. I don't have any option except recycling the laptop. I don't prefer to buy dell laptops again and i will suggest the same to my friends.

[Jun 03, 2014] Dell India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Dell India Customer Care's response Jun 04, 2014
Hi Prasadganga, Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused. I understand how inconvenient it becomes to find a resolution for a product that has been obsolete from market. We don't want customers to pay for a booking when service cannot be provided due to part unavailability. However, would suggest you to get the system repaired at any local computer technician. In case of further assistance, feel free to revert on the same thread, I shall be glad to assist you. Thanks and Regards, Kaveri_D #iworkfordell
Dell India Customer Care's response Jun 05, 2014
Hi Prasadganga, We don’t repair parts rather replace them.. Unfortunately, this product is already end of life. I understand your concern here. However, I would again suggest you to visit any local computer repairing shop near you & get the laptop check over there. Thanks and Regards, Kaveri_D #iworkfordell
Dell India Customer Care's response Jun 09, 2014
Hi Prasadganga, Unfortunately, We wouldn’t be able to help you with the motherboard replacement as we don’t have the parts available, as this is now end of life. Thanks and Regards, Kaveri_D #iworkfordell

Comments

May i know why Dell is selling products, if they cannot provide the support. I tried to get it repaired, but they are telling motherboard can't be repaired. Hope dell also having expert technicians, why don't you take for repair and get it done. I bought it for 48K, and now i need to recycle it because of part unavailable.

I suggest please maintain terms & conditions before selling product says, Dell supports this product till this date. So that people will think before buying.

If you are not supporting product, you should have any further option like replacement. When the manufacturer is not providing parts, how come we will get in local area.

Prasad G
HI,

I told you already, local technicians are telling, mother board need to be replaced.. Let me know how can you help me here ?

If you can't do anything. just say that we cannot do anything for this.

prasad G

1925
    No. 12/1 & 12/1 A, Ground Floor, Divyashree Greens, Old Airport Road, Inner Ring Road, Domlur Layout, Bangalore, Kolkata, West Bengal, India - 560071
    Dell - Not satisfied with Dell..