[Resolved] Easemytrip — cheating customers by charging fare amount as cancellation charges

Rishika H Powany on Dec 24, 2017
I booked a flight from and had mentioned the wrong date by mistake. As it was a midnight flight i mistakenly booked a previous date ticket. Within minutes i realised my mistake and called the representative. He tells me the fare amount as cancellation charges and more than that he tells me 500 more than the amount as modification charges. Upon questioning he tells me this is the airline fee and this is the rule. When i said about complaining this with the consumer court he says "ok" and cuts the call.
If this is how customers are cheated by the sites offering "cheap" tickets, and the rude nature of these company representatives, it becomes highly impossible for a common man to compete with them. Requesting action against companies like them and also requesting for a refund or compensation from them.

cheating customers by charging fare amount as cancellation charges
cheating customers by charging fare amount as cancellation charges
Complaint marked as Resolved Dec 17, 2018

[Dec 24, 2017] EaseMyTrip.com customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
EaseMyTrip.com Customer Care's response, Nov 05, 2018
We are sorry for any inconvenience face to you. We would like to inform you that cancellation charges are as per the cancellation policies and charges applicable as per the airline rules. We just charge a very nominal service fee in addition which is applicable to every booking. Further, please contact us at our WhatsApp number i.e [protected] or drop a mail to us at [protected]@easemytrip.com regarding your query so that we can assist you better on the same.

+ 91 11 4313 1313
    460, F.I.E Patparganj Industrial Area, New Delhi, Delhi, India - 110092
    Easemytrip - cheating customers by charging fare amount as cancellation charges