Easemytrip.com — flight cancelled but not informed

Mumbai, Mumbai City District, Maharashtra, India
 gddave on Apr 20, 2019
1. I booked my round trip flight (Official tour) from mumbai-jaipur-mumbai from easemytrip website. Departure date from mumbai to jaipur was 17.03.2019 and from jaipur to mumbai was 18.03.2019.
2. Mumbai to jaipur flight was very smooth. However jet airways (9 w-2417, pnr: dedinz, dated:18.03.2019, time: 9:15pm) flight was abruptly cancelled by the airlines.
3. Neither sms/mail was sent nor call was made (Violation of dgca rule :car, section 3, series m, part iv). We called jet airways and easemytrip many times on 18.03.2019. But was not picked by them.
4. I, along with one of my colleague (Pnr:pjbdjm) having same round trip ticket, reached the airport and got the cancellation information from jet airways representative.

5. No alternate flight was provided, not even on second day.

6. No facilities at airport was extended to us neither were we informed about any such facilities by the airlines, which again is violation of dgca rule :car, section 3, series m, part iv.
7. I have called easemytrip customer care. They denied any alternate arrangement on the same day and the next day. They conveyed that, it's the responsibility of airlines to intimate passengers about cancellations and provide alternative options. On my inquiry, same was conveyed to me on 18.03.2019.
7. I had to report on official duty on very next day.

8. I along with my colleague had no option but to book only available indigo flight no: 6e-394 pnr no: ohc2vw on 19th march, 2019 at 05.25 pm at exorbitant price of rs.23500/- (Per person).
Hence i request easemytrip to refund me the amount of rs. 15505 being the difference between the new flight booked @ rs. 23500 and the amount of jetairways flight of rs 7997.

Further i request you to compensate me for the trouble i had faced at jaipur due to flight cancelled as i was not provided any accomodation or any alternative flights.

I want you to take necessary action on urgent basis

[Apr 20, 2019] EaseMyTrip.com customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
EaseMyTrip.com Customer Care's response, Apr 21, 2019
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We would like to inform you that we do update customers email and registered number while making the booking so that airline can directly intimate any prior information directly to the customer to avoid any kind of delay for the same. We would also like to inform you that your flight was cancelled from the airline's end and hence the full refund of the same has been processed and you must have got the same into your source account. Please let us know if we can further assist you on the same.

+ 91 11 4313 1313
    460, F.I.E Patparganj Industrial Area, New Delhi, Delhi, India - 110092
    Easemytrip.com - flight cancelled but not informed