[Resolved] EaseMyTrip.com — refund for cancellation due to no flight for covid 19 lockdown

ramitav1912 on Apr 27, 2020

I had requested cancellation for my booking emt72041904 which i purchased from easemytrip. It was indigo flight with pnr hgebts. Date of journey 25th april 2020.

I am extremely disappointed and hurt that you have straightaway deducted airline cancellation charge of rs 3000 and easemytrip charge of rs 300.

On that day there was no flight due to countrywide lockdown and in your website it is clearly written that for indigo flight the refund amount will be refunded in a credit shell. I am attaching the snapshot of the rules of indigo which was given in your website.
You have increased my misery and distress by your cruel, heartless attitude.

Credit shell is perfectly fine with me but airline cancellation charge is simply insane and atrocious. We simply dread this. Airline ticket fees are quite reasonable compared to cancellation charge.

Please refund the whole amount as per government directive otherwise i will be compelled to take it to higher authorities.

Amitava roy

refund for cancellation due to no flight for covid 19 lockdown
Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-05-30 07:21:20

[Apr 27, 2020] EaseMyTrip.com customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
EaseMyTrip.com Customer Care's response Apr 28, 2020
Dear EaseMyTrip patron,
Greetings from EaseMyTrip.com

Thank you for writing your query to us.

As we checked and found that you have requested for cancellation online on 4/13/2020 at 10:14:06 PM.
As per airline cancellation policy refund already has been processed to you.We understand your concern, but we are helpless as we have to follow procedures made by airlines.

As per airline policy Customer doesn't have to cancel/reschedule their bookings at EaseMyTrip/Airlines for all flight for travel from 25th March 2020 to 3rd May 2020.

Please find the airline policy here, https://www.easemytrip.com/indigo-waiveroffer-during-coronavirus.html

We would be glad to help you. Please feel free to contact us in case of any other assistance.

Kind Regards,
EaseMyTrip Team
[protected]/[protected]Available 24X7)

Comments

I made a booking through easemytrip from Tuticorin to Chennai on 22 March 2020 with booking I'd: EMT69920691 and the flight company is Indigo Airlines. As its Janta Curfew covid-19 situation on 22 May 2020, the Indigo Airlines suspended their flight and the same was cancelled and the same was intimated to my mobile number by the Airlines. I Spoke with airlines they said the full refund was already credited into travel agency account (easemytrip), till now I have not received refund amount. Further I received a mail by the easemytrip on 1 May 2020 that, “
We have successfully processed Refund of Rs.9915 against your Booking Confirmation ID - EMT69920691.
Booking Cancellation Request Number - 910277
Kindly note your Refund Reference Number as for your future reference.

In even in cases of eligible full-refund, some airlines are offering a refund in part-payment.

One refund amount may come to you in 7-10 days and another in 15-20 days. So please be patient in these challenging times.

Since its been 14 days I did’t received any refund or refund in part-payment for the said booking as mentioned above. Moreover the easemytrip Customer care number[protected], 0303, was not in use and I was tired by dialing the number[protected] since no one there to answer my calls).
So I kindly request to look into this and initiate my refund amount of Rs 9915/-( Request Number – 910277 in Booking Confirmation ID - EMT69920691.)

Thanking You,
K.P.Rajesh Kanna, M.A., LL.B,
Advocate, Thoothukudi. Tamil Nadu.
Ph:[protected]
EaseMyTrip.com Customer Care's response, May 16, 2020

Dear EaseMyTrip patron,
Greetings from EaseMyTrip.com

We would like to inform you that your refund has already been processed from our end.

Please find below refund details:

Booking ID : EMT69920691
Refund Amount - NR 9915.00
Refund Date - 01-05-2020
Bank ARN - 30001001230035169613918

We request you to get in touch with your Bank for more information.

Kind Regards,