[Resolved] Ebay.in — selling refurbished products as brand new

anckit on Jan 3, 2018
I have purchased a laptop from ebay.com.

Product: dell latitude e5470 intel core i5-6200u/8gb ddr4/500 gb hdd/ intel hd/ win10 pro
Date of purchase: 23-dec-2017
Paisapay id [protected]

As you can see this product was listed as "brand new" on the ebay (Though seller ended the listing) but when i asked dell they confirmed that this is a "refurbished" laptop as per their record so i asked my ebay to refund my money as i have received a wrong product, instead of getting a receiving a new product i received a "refurbished" one.

They taken the action quickly a opened a claim as per my detail and given 4 days to seller to resolve this issue that seller failed to resolve.

Now when ebay contacted me back (After 4 days) and sent me email:

"for the resolution of your claim, we request you to provide proof of item not as described. Please forward an authorized letter from any merchant who deals into such items stating that the item is not reason of the claim-: product is refurbished. Authorized letter must contain appraiser’s name, contact no. And his complete address."

So my concern is why "any merchant who deals into such items" will involve in this matter as this deal was done between ebay (Seller) and me?

How they can ask to provide that kind of special letter with special stuff?

I have valid email from dell stating clearly about the product status but they are not considering as they need authenticated letter while they ebay itself doing everything on online email (Email and all).

This looks like ebay's sellers are be-fooling their customers and ebay supporting their sellers in this.

So i would like to request ebay to take this matter seriously and stop betraying their customers.

Complaint marked as Resolved Feb 5, 2018

[Jan 03, 2018] eBay.in customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
eBay.in Customer Care's response, Jan 04, 2018
Dear Customer(anckit),

We are sorry to hear that you've been having this experience. Since we can't reach you so you can contact us here: http://ocsnext.ebay.in/ocs/home

Team eBay
Updated by anckit, Jan 04, 2018
Thanks for your comment, what information you need to find my contacts into your system?

BTW, the Item Id that I have mentioned (that only me and you can see) is the *Claim number* that should be easiest way to find my details.

thanks!
Complaint comments  1 Comment     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

Comments

It is a duplicate earphone so i want to return this earphone.ebay company is fake company so please make return my money .

Order no.[protected]
order date[protected]

vishu arya's reply, Jan 4, 2018
plz tell me what append my compalint ?
eBay.in Customer Care's response, Jan 5, 2018

Dear Vishu Arya,

Team eBay

14th Floor, North Block, R-TECH Park, Western Express Highway, Gorgaon (East), Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400063
    Ebay.in - selling refurbished products as brand new