[Resolved] Fedex — kyc submission mail from cogenteservices.in

Pune City, Maharashtra, India
 vishalbolnekar on May 30, 2018
I got a call and then mail from cogenteservices regarding kyc docs submission. They asked me to submit aadhar doc and authorization letter to the said id.
However, in the last mail they also said about one thing which they never discussed with me :
2) importer exporter code (Iec) is mandatory for all shipments imported into india. Please mention the iec number along with the kyc documentation).

I put them mail to inquiry about this, but i din't get any response. Can you please help me to understand this requirement. If this needed for individual importer or not?

Vishal

Complaint marked as Resolved Jun 30, 2018

[May 30, 2018] FedEx customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
FedEx Customer Care's response, May 30, 2018
Hi Vishal,

Yes, Cogent is an authorized agent to process KYC. For further assistance, request you to contact our Toll Free Numbers - for Domestic Services:[protected] and for International Services:[protected] /[protected].

FedEx Express

Comments

IEC is compulsory for import goods in India . i too recently got to know and they first i applied IEC and then ordered my products.. IEC u have to apply online direct or can take help of some agency..i got it done by ebizzfilling please google their website they will provide it in week to 10 days of time .. and then your pan card will b your IEC code.
No[protected]
dude. IEC is for business only. Not for personal shipment.
dear sir,
my daugher has sent a shoes for his brother's birth day.my taker no, is[protected].It is a personal
gift with no commercial value.we request you to get customs cleared and send it in Mumbai address. we are sending my adhar and pan card for same.

regards,

sangita mohanty

+91 22 2571 4444 [Customer Care]
    2nd Floor, West Wing, No. 15, 1st Main Road, 6th Cross, Gandhinagar, Bangalore, Karnataka, India - 560009
    Fedex - kyc submission mail from cogenteservices.in