[Resolved] Flipkart — unfair mobile protection plan

st77 on Apr 11, 2019
This mail is to highlight the disappointment in flipkart and their sub-organization/partner jeeves in selling an unfair mobile protection plan. Customer purchase the plan
Only because its offered through flipkart and due to their trust in flipkart. Flipkart risks destroying this trust with such policies.

This is also to hightlight to jeeves management on how their unfair practices and lack of empathy impacts a customer, who will ensuring people are aware of the pitfalls when they purchase jeeves mobile protection plan.

I purchased samsung galaxy note9 ordered on 22nd aug 2018 (Order id od[protected]. Flipkart offered a mobile protection plan which is called as flipkart protect. It also had a shield with flipkart on it. All well designed to make customer buy this based on its trust on flipkart. I purchased the plan (Policy
Number:jppoffk446959). The policy is actually sold by jeeves consumer services, with flipkart clearly appending its name to it.

Now let me get to my issue :
The glass over the back camera lens cracked and i thought to avail flipkart mobile protection plan. I called flipkart helpline on 8th april, who redirected me to jeeves customer care.

I called jeeves customer care, the agents told me that they will register the claim, and they will pick up the mobile for repair, and it will take 10 days to repair
And return. I asked that when samsung service centers in bangalore will resolve in a days time, why does it take this long for jeeves to get it done. I further
Conveyed that i would prefer to go directly and drop the phone at the service center. The agent told me that they are not able to get a store option now, but will go ahead and register for pickup and then i can talk and make the required changes. Jeeves send mails asking me to share mobile snapshots and also link to pay 500 as processing fees which i did (Claim id - ad[protected]) i also mailed jeeves to share the address of the service center and mentioned that i will visit myself.

I called the next day to enquire about the service center only to be told that since i registered for pick up and drop i have to avail that. I mentioned that it was
Only beacuse the agent advised so and i wanted a store visit. After multiple calls, i was conveyed that service is done through f1 solutions and that will ship to their partners, but store option is not possible. On my enquiry i was told that phone might be shipped to delhi.

Now i enquired if f1 solutions is a samsung authorized service center and the mutliple agents including jeeves backend support team was not able to provide a convincing answer. Annswers kept varying from... Yes they only use trained technicians... They only use original parts etc. But none able to confirm with confidence. (I cannot let any service center not registered as an authorized samsung mobile service center, tough my phone which is under brand warranty. Neither should flipkart/jeeves try to do this)

When i check with samsung, i understand that f1 solution is a authorized service centers only in lucknow and gurgoan. It was surprising that most agents could not be forthright in stating "we have authorized service centers only in lucknow and gurgoan and hence the phone will have to be shipped there for repair. Therefore we cannot offer direct store visit" i had to talk to multiple agents to get some sense of this.

I then ask for cash payout option since i saw the same in the terms and conditions link, but i am told with finality that that option is added only in policy purchases post oct. I request for the same since i cannot give my mobile for 10 days for tranfer to gurgoan as i am travelling and there are abundance of service centers in bangalore. Jeeves refuses to do so. I am told even the rs500 processing fees wont be reimbursed.

1. Not giving a cash payout option is unfair to the customer and even legally suspect. I am sure flipkart / jeeves realized this and hence updated the terms and conditions.

2. Selling a mobile protection plan in a city like bangalore, with abundant service centers, and forcing customers to ship their phone and wait for 10 days for an issue resolved locally in a day is also not fair to customer. There are complaints galore in the net about jeeves not shipping phone back in time and needing numerous follow ups.

3. When an organization realizes its mistake of not providing cash payout option and updates its terms and conditions its only fair to extend this facility to existing policy holders. This does not cost a penny more to flipkart/jeeves and in fact saves the effort and cost of shipment. But still agents have bluntly refused this.

Due to the unsatisfactory response from jeeves, and their outright rejection of offering a cash payout option, i am today forced to go directly to a samsung service center and i will be getting a job sheet and estimate tomorrow. The phone will also be repaired tomorrow. I lose the amount paid for the mobile protection plan and also the processing fee.

I had purchased phones from sangeetha mobiles and availed their insurance, which was a smooth experience with amount reimbursed to me. So i never suspected flipkart to have a policy with such terms.

If flipkart / jeeves cares about customers, they will understand the fairness of the situation and not throw the previous terms at the customer, which you have yourselves changed. Jeeves would have taken the exception and their management would have allowed the customer the cash payout option unfairly denied in the earlier terms. I therefore request you to still allow the cash payout option to me.

Your response to this will showcase your approach towards the customer. Jeeves as a sub-organization seemed least concerned, but i hope flipkart cares enough for customers to help me out here. I have years of association with flipkart and my trust on flipkart is at stake here.
Complaint marked as Resolved May 16, 2019

[Apr 12, 2019] Flipkart customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Flipkart Customer Care's response, Apr 15, 2019
We will revert on it.

+91 80 4274 9527 [Grievance Officer]
    +91 12 4615 0000 [Corp Office]
    +91 80 4908 3910 [Grievance Officer]
    Flipkart - unfair mobile protection plan