Hathway Cable & Datacom — fraud and customer looting

Kandivali East, Maharashtra, India
 kamlesh kotenkar on Feb 15, 2019
After having been a Hathway customer for years and years and constantly ignoring their absolutely degraded customer service I am writing to you to bring to your attention just one of the many issues I have faced with these so called Service Providers.

The latest internet plan that I had was from Nov 18 to Feb 18. The 90 plan had several days of down time on which I did not get any internet on account of them doing some work on the internet lines. Finally after chasing their "extremely competent" help desk they confirmed that as per the technical team I am eligible for 10 days credit. Now this confirmatio was received on 13th Feb while my plans last day was 14th Feb. They have the audacity to say that for me to get the 10 day extension ( which I am already eligible for ) ...I have to extend my plan and make payment first. Now please help me understand, in which world does a customer have to pay for something he has already paid for and was not given to him.

Called thier third class customer service team which only lead to banging my head on the wall. Spoke to a lady (sheetal) convinced her for a call back from a higher authority. She said I will get a call in one hour. After waiting for 2 hours and no call ended up calling again. Spoke to another lady who said I have to wait for another one hour. Finally after banging my head again I got to speak with a senior called Santosh who only kept saying the process to get extension is by paying since the connection is disconnected..Highlighted the fact that if I was eligible for 10days extension on the 13th itself then why did the team disconnect. He had no answer despite repeating the same thing like a parrot or maybe on account if limited understanding he has of things. Asked for an escalation says no manager or Sr manager available ( another typical and standard practice of this team) Finally gave me number of Nodal office and speak with some Vijay/Vishal

Don't have the patience to deal with these incompetent bunch of monkeys dancing and talking about prcocess like a parrot.

Every single plan that is taken there are several days of down time which is never compensated by these guys and it's open customer looting philosophy that is very conveniently followed

My only question. For a 10 day eligibility that is already confirmed to a customer in writing, why should he be asked to first renew his internet plan. ?

Ac no [protected]
Thakur Village

[Feb 17, 2019] Hathway Cable & Datacom customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by kamlesh kotenkar, Feb 23, 2019
Haven't heard anything as yet. Not that I'm surprised
Hathway Cable & Datacom Customer Care's response, Feb 26, 2019
Dear kamlesh kotenkar,

We have forwarded your concern to our team, an executive will get in touch with you.

Hathway Broadband

"Rahejas", 4th Floor, Main Avenue, Santacruz (W), Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400054
    Hathway Cable & Datacom - fraud and customer looting