[Resolved] Havells India — water heater - very poor products/service

Palakkad, Kerala, India
 harilalt on Jan 9, 2019
I had my havells water heater for faulty heater repaired through havels authorized repair center at palakkad,

A - one services
Palakkad, kerala

Ref: call number: hf 051392 dated 08/06/2018

I was told the the heater had to be replaced and accordingly i paid for the same and had it repaired.

Within four months the heater started leaking. This was informed to a1 services and technician visited my house and the leak was through a sealing joint where severe corrosion was noticed. The item was taken back to the service center at my cost again and was assured that no more leaking would take place after they stated that it was been repaired.

When installed back at home immediately it was leaking and while informed the service center (A one services - palakkad, kerala) their attitude is indifferent and to date no body has attended.

Being an engineer well versed in corrosion, i have noticed that it is due to the sealant that they have put while installing the heater. The boiler shell has been corroded due to non compatibility with the boiler shell body. I can send the photos if you require them.

I believe they have used unapproved adhesive to seal the joint and damaged my water heater.

I will be taking up this further with the consumer forum as the havels authorised service center personnel are not competitive or the product is of inferior quality.

I am frustrated with their attitude and can scientifically prove that they have used adhesive which had caused the leakage.

I would request you to take up this issue with them and sort it out. Please consider this as a complaint and register as same.

Harilal
Mob : [protected]
Complaint marked as Resolved Feb 9, 2019

[Jan 09, 2019] Havells India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Havells India Customer Care's response, Jan 09, 2019
Dear Sir / Ma'am,

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. We have highlighted your issue to the concerned team and assure you the best possible resolution.

Thanks & Regards
Team Havells
Havells India Customer Care's response, Feb 13, 2019

We hope that our team got in touch with you and resolved all your concerns to your satisfaction.

Thanks & Regards