Hero Motocorp — Complaint and disappointment of Hero Hunk.
I have informed the defects of the Hero Hunk motorcycle I have bought through e-mail. Here with I attached the former e-mail I have sent. I appreciate the solutions provided by the agent of Hero Sri Lanka. Though, I’m not satisfied with those solutions since the spare parts provided were inferior in quality.
The spare parts provided an the current conditions are as follows.
· Due to lose connections two switches on left side handle had to be changed
· Colors of crash guard and muffler guard faded even after the change they have faded again.
· The handle corroded and the new handle provided had scratches in painting on it. Here with I attached photographs. The photographs are numbered and the photo caring ‘C’ represents the current condition. (photographs 1, 2, 3C)
· Four seats had to be change and the cushion go flattened .out of those two seats had a remarkable gap between them and the petrol tank. The cushion of another seat was unusually soft and the seat cover got shrinked. The last seat changed had a damage seat cover when it was given to me. (photographs 4, 5C)
· The muffler corroded very quickly and I had to check three mufflers to replace it. The ones I checked had a damage in paint, and a hole near the bed. The third was not neatly painted. Since there was none available other than those three I got one without proper painting on it. (photographs 6, 7, 7C)
· LH tank cowl faded .The replaced cowl too, had a color fading. Hence I had to check six tank cowls. Though the selected one did not have 100% matching color. (photographs 8, 9, 10, 11C)
· When the pillion handle got wet, the paint had bubbles. (photographs 12C)
· It was difficult to shift gears. When it is started in the neutral mode and kept for sometimes, it is automatically shifted in to fast gear. I was about to have a few accidents. Not only that there is a significant play in the paddle.
· The horn is already defected. When it is patted it works.
· Rear break disk is unusually worn-out and they produce a significant noise. (photographs 13C, 14C)
· There is a paint damage outside the engine block. (photographs 15C, 16C)
· The saree guard is faded. (photographs 17C, 18C)
· The paint of alloy wheels are damaged. (photographs 19C)
· The bearing of the front wheel damaged. It produces a huge noise and there is a big vibration.
· However much the drive chain is adjusted even after a small vibration the chain clashes against the chain case.
It is regrettable that above mentioned defects have been noted even before two years after purchase and before 20000 km of mileage.
By the age of 28 years, I have purchased five motorcycles as follows.
1. Hero Honda CD Dawn
2. Hero Honda Pleasure
3. Hero Honda Splendor NXG
4. Hero Honda Passion Pro
5. Hero Hunk (at present)
I currently use the Hero Hunt. I really regret for purchasing it. Out of the above mentioned bikes Hero Honda Splender NXG and Hero Honda Passion Pro is with me. Both have a mileage of 87000km 8 years and 51000km for 6 years respectively. I use them really well. For your acknowledgement I attach a few photographs of them. (photograph 20, 21) The passion Pro mentioned above had been serviced regularly, other than that, I only had to claim for the meter top cover. I happily inform you that there were no other unusual defects in them.
I expected the same quality of Hero Honda in Hero Hunk. I understood then I was mistaken. I really reject the Hero Hunk. There is no quality in warranty though you offer it. Since I am in the engineering field, most of the people I know inquire about buying hero Honda. I have recommended it for them and a lot of them have purchased your bikes hoping that the same good conditions of Hero Honda might be there. If requested I am capable of providing all details of purchases.
I am sending this e mail to know your final decision on the inconveniences I had to face. Depending on your decision, I hope to take actions to acknowledge all Sri Lankans about the conditions of your products. So that they may not face the same inconvenience as I do.
I believe that a high quality vehicle does not show many defects of different kinds at the same time. It shows the inferior quality of Hero products.
I expect to have a presentation on the defects of Hero products and I have already taken necessary initiatives. I will soon submit a copy of that to you.
I have no trust in using this bicycle because at any moment I am liable to be in danger. I personally believe that they are in such inferior quality.
Finally I doubt, whether you have sold me a bike which is not suitable to use and a bike without proper running conditions.
[Jan 23, 2017] Hero MotoCorp customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
[Resolved] Hero Motocorp - Two wheeler RC not received 1
[Resolved] Hero Motocorp - Offer not given 1
[Resolved] Hero Motocorp - damage mudguard
[Resolved] Hero Motocorp - Delay in service of bike 1
[Resolved] Hero Motocorp - engine not working 1
[Resolved] Hero Motocorp - Bike parts 1
[Resolved] Hero Motocorp - Joyride discount related. 1