Ask a Question Ask a Question FAQ FAQ Sign in Sign in

Hotwire — hotwire / budget car rental through hotwire

Hotwire confirmation number: [protected]

Hotwire reservation confirmation received on 3/8/18 at 11:24am. Reservation time was 11:30am on the same day. Waited around 40 minutes to get to the budget counter. Then the customer representative told me the compact car i reserved was not available and i had a choice between spending $10 more per day to upgrade to a small suv or wait for a compact car to become available. However, the customer representative had no idea when a compact car would become available.

I asked the customer representative whether there was a smaller upgrade i could get (Since there were only two o[censored]s traveling together) and was told nothing else was available. Why confirm my reservation if nothing was available? The whole scenario appears to be a ploy to lure customers in with low pricing through hotwire, then force them into an upgrade that they don't need.

There was no other choice offered to me at the counter. My choices were (1) pay for the upgrade and make it to my afternoon appointment or (2) wait indefinitely for a car at the compact level to become available.

hotwire / budget car rental through hotwire

Complaint categoryCategory: Car Rental