Hyundai Motor India — i20 active - manufacturing defect in the gear assembly

Pune, Maharashtra, India
 Tanay Jadhav on May 18, 2019
I am a resident of pune and i own an i20 active which i purchased in jan 2016. Car number mh 12 mr 1385. I purchased this vehicle from kothari hyundai dealership in aundh. I am hereby registering a manufacturing defect complaint. Details below - the running of my car is approximately 27, 000 km. On 29th march 2019, the gear housing of the car broke. There was significant damage to the differential also. I fail to understand how a single handed driven car, with a running of only 27000 km faces such kind of a problem. Let me tell you that this is a manufacturing defect and the damage that has happened cannot be done externally. How can such a defect occur in such a short span of time? Now comes the physically and mentally disappointing part of the service provided by kothari hyundai - 1. My warranty expired in jan 2019. Kothari hyundai does not bother to inform me about the extended warranty in order to avoid their loss. 2. I give my car for repairs on 29th march. After analysis kothari hyundai comes with a repair cost of 25, 000 rs. Which was ridiculous. 3. The spare parts required for the repairs are not available with them which is a big joke considering the fact that spare parts should be readily available for quick resolution. 4. Please note that i gave my car on 29th march and kothari hyundai now says that the max date by when they can completely repair my car and give it to me is around 11th april. Reason being given is that the parts required are not available. I mean what a joke considering the fact that hyundai is an automobile giant. But the kind of service being provided is more pathetic than a local small scale garage. This is 2 weeks of wasted time and torture of the customer. I am attaching the invoice as proof of the expenses i had to bear.

i20 active - manufacturing defect in the gear assembly
i20 active - manufacturing defect in the gear assembly
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShare0Tweet0

5th & 6th Floor, Coporate One (Baani Building), Plot No.5, Commercial Centre, Jasola, New Delhi, Delhi, India - 110025
    Hyundai Motor India - i20 active - manufacturing defect in the gear assembly