[Resolved] Ibibo Group / Goibibo — hotel amount not refunded

Ludhiana, Punjab, India
 Rajesh Jangra1 on Aug 15, 2019
I booked a hotel dated 12/08/19 in ludhiana. Hotel name was hotel parth. But i could not check in due to some reasons. Hotel representative told that goibibo will refund your payment. But there is no response from goibibo side. If i paid for hotel stay and not stayed then why i shold pay money for that.
Kindly refund my payment.

Booking details
Rajesh kumar
Hotel name hotel parth
City ludhiana
Booking id htly3qsrfz
Complaint marked as Resolved Aug 20, 2019
Dear i booked a hotel by trivago in ludhiana dated 12 th augu. But due to some reason i couldn't checkin.I tried to cancel the booking but couldn't process.I called Goibibo for refund but they said that hotel denied for refund later on i called hotel representative and he said its upon company whether refund or not.
So kindly refund my payment as i didn't stay then why should i pay for that.
I was totally harrassed as well
I need my refund

[Aug 15, 2019] Ibibo Group / Goibibo customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by Rajesh Jangra1, Aug 18, 2019
My account is debited but i couldn't checkin.
I asked gor refund for till date no response
Updated by Rajesh Jangra1, Aug 20, 2019
What resolution you provided
Updated by Rajesh Jangra1, Aug 23, 2019
What is happening no response till date .
Ibibo Group / Goibibo Customer Care's response, Sep 09, 2019
Hi Rajesh,

Greetings from Goibibo.com

This mail is in reference to your booking id: GOHTLDMOBY3QSRFZ.

We are sorry to read about the issue. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We have reviewed your case and taken the consensus from all the involved departments and found that there is no fault of Hotel or Goibibo.
We have clearly mentioned in the hotel details that "Most hotels do not allow unmarried/unrelated couples to check-in". This is at the full discretion of the hotel management.

Since the check-in was denied by the hotelier basis "unmarried/unrelated couples", we are not in a position to initiate the refund until and unless the hotel management approves the same.

Unfortunately, the hotelier has denied. Regret, the refund cannot be provided.

Apologies for the trouble caused.

Team- GoIbibo Care