[Resolved] Icici Lombard — car insurance policy - continued mental harassment by icici lombard insurance company over a simple amendment and subsequent cancellation request

Mumbai, Mumbai City District, Maharashtra, India
 erebor7 on Jan 11, 2019
1. It is intimated that i had bought a car insurance policy from icici lombard on 07 jan 2019 of rs 23050/-.

Kindly refer to the string of continued emails thereof right after the issuance of the policy initiated by me.

2. It had come to my notice that the company had mentioned wrong and incorrect nominee details of some aparna ben patel as spouse in my certificate of insurance cum policy schedule due to their own flawed, incompetent and unprofessional procedures which was not at all acceptable to me.

3. I immediately brought this to the notice of the customer care over emails and voice calls over the toll free number 1800 2666 and sent them a request to correct name of my nominee i. E my wife on my policy document.

4. The company sent me some kind of an endorsement amending it to some 'for this read this" kind of an arrangement which was not acceptable to me as i am a government officer and need all details correct on my policy document for official as well as personal reasons.

5. The company icici lombard had done nothing about this simple request in garb of certain procedures etc etc which only speaks of flawed, unthoughtful and aimed at harassing customers policy and has thus has caused me great mental harassment over the past three days of purchasing a policy with my hard earned money.

6. Due to the above customer unfriendly policies, incapable and incompetent mitigation procedures and an uncaring attitude towards its customers i was forced to ask them for a cancellation of my policy.

7. Now to my further mental harassment the customer care has now not only asked for further more number of days to cancel and send me a refund but also to send them a copy of some alternate policy which ideally should be my prerogative as to which policy to buy and when to buy and from which provider to buy. It is pertinent to mention here that this company never asked me these many questions and details while they wanted my hard earned money while i was in the process of buying their policy.

8. I am under extreme mental harassment by this company icici lombard and their highly incapable and incompetent staff.

9. I had to make a move from an extremely difficult area but due to this company ie icici lombard's uncaring, negative and unprofessional attitude i am under extreme stress as i need my refunded money to buy a new policy to enable me to make a move.

10. This company has no details of nodal officers, appellate authority and their three step grievance redressal system on their website is defunct as it shows junk values the moment you try and put in a complaint.

11.in the end, a customer gets stuck to their highly incompetent and parrot like customer care who are so ill trained to deal with simple customer issues that it makes one believe how these company's fool innocent indian customers with their fake assurances and siphon them off with their hard earned money.

12. My case is a typical example of a company trying to earn money at the behest of innocent indian consumers by making fake promises, giving consumers half truths, not ensuring correctness of customer data and thereafter involving the consumer into a jargon of silly company rules and turning the entire process into a never ending quagmire.

13. I request the concerned government authority to look into the matter and enable me to get my policy cancelled from this company with full refund so that my issue can be resolved as i am under extreme mental harassment by this company icici lombard.

14. Such a simple minor amendment must be included in every company's policy and procedures so as to enable them to help out customers and make the experience user friendly.

Hope i will receive some positive response and help in regard from this forum.

Thanks and best wishes.
M singh
Complaint marked as Resolved Feb 11, 2019

[Jan 11, 2019] ICICI Lombard customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
ICICI Lombard Customer Care's response, Jan 11, 2019
Dear M Singh,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. We have made a note of your concern. Kindly share your contact/policy details for us to check this from our end.

ICICI Lombard General Insurance
Updated by erebor7, Jan 16, 2019
This company ICICI Lombard has gained considerable expertise in misleading and harassing its customers.

They have this parrot like ill trained and incompetent customer care which sends these incompetent replies without checking any facts.

I have already initiated the emails which they should check from my email ID rather than asking me the same idiotic details they keep asking again and again..thereby getting the customer involved in this never ending loop.

Send me my refund immediately without any further delay.

As your company is immensely incompetent and unprofessional Im yet again sending the details of my policy number

3001/[protected]/00/B00

Can you the needful now at least?

1-800-209-8888
    1-800-2666
    ICICI Lombard House, Old Tata Press Building, Near Siddhivinayak Temple, 414, Veer Savarkar Marg, Prabhadevi, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400025
    Icici Lombard - car insurance policy - continued mental harassment by icici lombard insurance company over a simple amendment and subsequent cancellation request